lol i have been posting quit a few forums in the past hour but im starting to get into wondering what everyone else thinks. i was wondering how many ppl in ausralia are disappointed in the metal scene down here. NO THRASH METAL AT ALL..(or just rare) it sucks.
No thrash metal you say?
In that case im gonna move there ASAP

Joking, no real metal scene down here at Israel too.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
im sick of it lol. ___core bands have stolen the word "Metal" its crap...you cant say oh i play metal anymore ppl straight away think hardcore. but saying thrash metal is cooler anyways haha
haha true ^
and the trend of the scene kids following some not so great underground hardcore band
eg parkway drive(no longer underground)
even though i guess their good at what they do, their fans think of them as Gods. pfft
Dude
Come to melbourne i'm starting a thrash band. need a mad drummer and lead asap gonna rock some slayer,kreator,Metallica,megadeth,cob,cannibal corpse n shit
These walls are closing in, they're bound to suffocate me
Compled to live my life in ways I could never imagine
Can you save the dying eyes? Sentenced to never be free
I stand convicted of all your fucking lies.
Australian Thrash Metal uprise! hell yeah we need more thrash
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
yeah I agree we need like another metallica out here (pre load era) to kick those hardcore losers asses
Quote by Bizkitfury666
Dude
Come to melbourne i'm starting a thrash band. need a mad drummer and lead asap gonna rock some slayer,kreator,Metallica,megadeth,cob,cannibal corpse n shit

u too huh? my drummer and i have already started workin on some stuff.. i need bass though. stay strong man we'll bring thrash back to oz
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
theres some good death/black metal in australia, but come to think of it i dont think ive heard anything about thrash.

btw, theres an Israeli band i like called salem.
Quote by _3Lm0_
theres some good death/black metal in australia, but come to think of it i dont think ive heard anything about thrash.

btw, theres an Israeli band i like called salem.

do you mean Tislam?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
but when you think about it Australia doesn't really have the climate of a __core band to start up.. i mean where i live you look out one window you see rolling green hills and mountains then out the opposite window i get crashing blue waves so its hard to move out of the country or surfy genres common with Aus
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him
(")_(") on his way to world domination.

AUSTRALIA FTW!

Matt Bellamy > Shred

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. I am an 8%er
it's cos you're average aussie pub band sounds like jet or ac/dc, or wolfmother at the moment.
Otherwise they are all mars volta or gerling, then on the rare occasions you get a zhombie ghost train or the living end.

I'm prolly gunna get slammed for this.
Aren't Destroyer 666 originally from Australia? They're decent thrash/death.
We have a reasonably good metal scene, with Psycroptic and Alarum being two of our best and brightest.
Quote by silent caution
exactly....people blame bush cuase they dont know what they talking about....if anything to blame its organized religion

^ na ur right mate the bands are generic pub shit. its stupid i hate wolfmother

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
even if they are good, that doesnt say much about the thrash scene since their name is practically unknown haha ^
Are you an idiot?

Australia is a massive exporter of 'War Metal', which is a cross between Thrash/Black and Death. Check out, Destroyer 666, Grenade or Kill for Satan.

I'm an orstraylian as well, kthx.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
yeah but unless you are involved with the scene, you will never hear of them. It is like 8 foot sativa in new zealand, unless you follow it, or look, you'll never hear about them.

You can waste your time buy listening to triple j, but that is aussie hip hop, wolf mother, jet,
gerling, etc etc, and not much metal of any sort at all, unless you never sleep, then it is on late.
Quote by salemboicot
yeah but unless you are involved with the scene, you will never hear of them. It is like 8 foot sativa in new zealand, unless you follow it, or look, you'll never hear about them.

You can waste your time buy listening to triple j, but that is aussie hip hop, wolf mother, jet,
gerling, etc etc, and not much metal of any sort at all, unless you never sleep, then it is on late.

yeh full metal racket on tues night hosted by andrew hoag. but he plays the same shit. but if u dig cannibal corpse you'll love it

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
holy shit i cant believe this shit, me and my mate decided to start up a thrash metal band like 2 weeks ago, and all you guys are doin the same ****in thing, thats awesome.

NWOATM ftw!
hey whens the full metal racquet thing on? and on what station? and where?
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
triple j, andrew hoag hosts it on tues nites from 11pm till late. its melbourne based. keep in mind i havent listened to it for a while so it may have changed

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
how bout sydneY?
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
i dont like thrash. i like parkway drive. i hate this thread. nuthins wrong with a GOOD hardcore band. Shit ones are gay but not good ones.
Quote by Evil Armada
i dont like thrash. i like parkway drive. i hate this thread. nuthins wrong with a GOOD hardcore band. Shit ones are gay but not good ones.

nothing wrong, but still doesnt mean everybodys gonna like it
yeah i know, but there are alot of shit untalented hardcore bands out there. kinda peeves me off
Lol...Australia has some brutal bands goin round....look harder son
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124