I've finally finished up recording this song. No vocals as of now. I'd like to keep the focus on the musicianship rather than my crappy singing. I recorded the bass and all guitar parts. The drums were made with Beatcraft, and the "keyboard" sound during the solo is just me playing the chords on guitar. I edited them to give the notes sustain like a keyboard has.

http://stephen.dmusic.com

Leave a link and I'll crit your stuff.
Last edited by SW-14 at Feb 26, 2007,
Hey that was pretty good.

your tone on the solo was very good i thought one of the better ones ive heard of that solo.

Being that you did not include vocals, if you shortened it up a bit i would find it a bit more interesting mabey one less verse before the solo, but that dosnt matter the playing was still very good. cool you did your own bass to

heres mine i know the tuning is out ... https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522404&highlight=wind+cries+mary hendrix wind cries mary.
Bishop of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
Maybe I'll give it a shot once my cold goes away. But thanks for the compliment.
men if my solo was "Gilmour-ish" so your solo was superrr Gilmour-ish
sounds very close to the original
good job keep it up!
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Nice guitar tone dude. Playing was perfect. I would like to hear a little more sustain on the bends as they tend to fade quite a bit on the 2-step'ers. That was really the only thing that prevented this from sounding exactly like the original. Great job.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
I know what you mean about the sustain. I don't seem to have very much when playing with a clean tone. :/ Do they make a sustain pedal or something?
you dont need a pedal dude.. me for example only used a compressor effect
from my vamp2 and i think my sustain was quite good.. what kind of effect you
using?
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
o i see..so you need some effect that boost your tone like
compressor effect.. or other option is to change pickups