hey im after a pedel that gets a really god santana tone??
i was thinking maybe a big muff??
i have an epi les paul custom and a behringer v ampire( which i cant get a desent tone out of)
cheers
What period? I'm gonna assume you mean supernatural period, in which his tone comes from a combination of cranked vintage Mesa Boogie MarkI's (the reissue will probably be your best bet) and a warm guitar with humbuckers (PRS in this case, but a LP could work). The EQ is also very important. You want lot's of mids, and cut the highs a bit for warmth.

EDIT: oh yeah, neck pickup.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
I would go for a big muff.... Much like Santana, theres one with a moho mod or something which is supposedly good....
yeh the album supernatrual is what im after, also the black magic woman..
is there a pedel that caters for distortion like that??
cheers
i think he might have used an Ibanez Tubescreamer, you might wanna check that though
lyrics - the gap between the solos
Quote by new_kirk_hammet
yeh the album supernatrual is what im after, also the black magic woman..
is there a pedel that caters for distortion like that??
cheers

Santana's tone really can't be captured in a pedal, but if you have no other choice, your best bet is an Ibanez Tubescreamer. Also, the EQ is very important.

EDIT: for black magic woman, it's all in the fingers. Listen to the phrasing in that song, it's truly amazing.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure