Poll: Which amp will best suit me?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp will best suit me?
Marshall
1 6%
Mesa Boogie
11 65%
Peavey
3 18%
ENGL
5 29%
Bogner
1 6%
Orange
1 6%
VHT
2 12%
Diezel
0 0%
Krank
1 6%
another amp
0 0%
Voters: 17.
I'm really looking into buying a new amp. I like high gain amps but also they can give you some nice cleans. I like the sound of melodic death metal and also many other types of metal and some old school punk rock. So here are some bands I like to give you an idea of what sound I'm after: At the Gates, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, Carcass, Misfits, Sex Pistols, Overkill, Sodom, Nevermore, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Underoath, Unearth, Morbid Angel, Death, Dimmu Borgir, Lamb of God, Childern of Bodom, Still Remains, Poison the Well, Opeth, Suffocation, Cryptopsy, The Adicts, etc.
So I've been looking at many brands of amps so tell me which kind of amp will be best for metal, hard rock, metalcore, and punk rock. Also tell me which model amp I should get and tell me the reason why.
Last edited by swordsman14 at Feb 26, 2007,
If it is in your price range, i bought a Dual rectifier and will probably never look back to my old marshall JCM. i play in a band whom does all different kinds of music and the mesa so far hasnt let me down. also wot guitar you wanting to running thru it.
by the italics on the mesa boogie im guessing you want the poll to end up as a mesa
i don't know what you're budget is, but here're my suggestions for the sound you mentioned:

EXPENSIVE ($1000+)
- Randall RM100 (with Bogner XTC, Marshall JTM, and Fender Blackface preamps)
- Framus Cobra
- Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII
- Rivera Knucklehead

MODERATE ($500-$900)
- Madison Divinity
- Peavey XXX
- Laney TT100L

CHEAP (<$500)
- Peavey Ultra Plus
- Sovtek Mig100H
Not all amps by a brand can be clumped into the same genre.

Without knowing how much money you want to spend, this is difficult
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
assuming you have no budget:

peavey 5150/6505 (if you can put up with mediocre (at best) cleans)

engl blackmore or savage (or se/invader (haven't tried the invader) if truly no budget)

diezel vh4 or herbert (haven't tried the herbert)

maybe vht

that's what I'd look at. Might as well look at mesa too, they're normally pretty ubiquitous. EDIT: and bogner and framus, I haven't been able to try them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?