1 4%
Vox
10 36%
Roland
2 7%
another one that i haent mentioned, please tell me
5 18%
Voters: 28.
OK, im looking at getting a bigger amp, not a stack, around the 75 watt mark..
I love that classic rock drive sound like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Hendrix..But I want some warm clean tones like Bob Marley and The Beatles....Ive heard Laney are quite good for that classic British tone, but yeah any feedback is greatly appreciated, price range 500-900 AUD
^^

+1

SS or Tube?

if Tube then:
Vox AC30 or Marshall 1974x or Plexi

if SS then the only choice would be:
Roland JC-120 and a slight OD or Distortion infront
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with $900 AUD I doubt you can get a tube amp.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with $900 AUD I doubt you can get a tube amp.

Hell yes you can! Fender Blues Junior, Laney VC-15, etc. ect.
^Right ... but I'm not from Australia, though

I guess, I'd suggest you a Laney. But seriously, go out and try amps yourself.
Sent from my iPad.
musicgoround.com has a couple late-70's silverface Fender Bassman 10's (4x10 combos) for right at $400 US. i don't think they'd ship all the way to Austrailia, but something along the lines of that amp would be right up your alley, i think.
Quote by BloodBlooms
musicgoround.com has a couple late-70's silverface Fender Bassman 10's (4x10 combos) for right at $400 US. i don't think they'd ship all the way to Austrailia, but something along the lines of that amp would be right up your alley, i think.

Those aren't very good for guitar though. Bassman's became real bass amps in the early seventies.
I'd go for Laney.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by mr_hankey
Those aren't very good for guitar though. Bassman's became real bass amps in the early seventies.

i disagree. there's really not enough wattage to really make it strictly a bass amp. they're mostly a clean amp, but you can crank it to get a good, natural tube overdrive. teh 4x10s make it a lot more punchy than your standard 12" speaker equipped combo too. granted, the silverface's aren't as good as the earlier blackface versions, but they're still good and they're cheaper. and as far as the tones listed by the threadstarter, all those can be achieved with the bassman.
Quote by BloodBlooms
i disagree. there's really not enough wattage to really make it strictly a bass amp. they're mostly a clean amp, but you can crank it to get a good, natural tube overdrive. teh 4x10s make it a lot more punchy than your standard 12" speaker equipped combo too. granted, the silverface's aren't as good as the earlier blackface versions, but they're still good and they're cheaper. and as far as the tones listed by the threadstarter, all those can be achieved with the bassman.

Where would you be able to crank a 100 watt amp?
the wattage on Silverface Fender Bassman 10s is 50 watts from amps produced between 1972-1976 and 75 watts from 1977 and 1982. there's also a 70 watt version for the years when CBS switched to a ultra-linear output transformer.

you could certainly get that to break up under the right circumstances.
deluxe or deville, fender
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Carvin or B-52 Combo amp would suit you well.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.