So my dads just gotten a really good job offer from North Carolina. Its a bit random, seeing how we live in Wales.

Anyway, If he takes it, we have to move over there within the next 6 months. Problem is, Im in the middle of my A-levels.

What I was wondering was: If I move over there, am I able to count the AS towards a university application, and how does it (applying to a uni) work?

(I have no idea how the american education system works, as I moved out of Cali in 7th grade, before High School, so please, excuse my ignorance )
Hmm... Cali to the UK to NC... I suggest preparing for another culture shock.

You should be able to work with the university to transfer your credits to your new school, though that's not a definite. Often schools won't accept transfers of credits, or they only allow partial credits, but most schools are normal about it. I don't know specifically about your uni, so maybe check out their website if they have one, or make a few long distance calls and such. Good luck in NC.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by Kylster
Hmm... Cali to the UK to NC... I suggest preparing for another culture shock.

You should be able to work with the university to transfer your credits to your new school, though that's not a definite. Often schools won't accept transfers of credits, or they only allow partial credits, but most schools are normal about it. I don't know specifically about your uni, so maybe check out their website if they have one, or make a few long distance calls and such. Good luck in NC.

Seeing how I wont have acually completed high school, Ill still have to do the standardised tests, right?
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Seeing how I wont have acually completed high school, Ill still have to do the standardised tests, right?

Most likely, yes. My high school's class system is apparently different from a lot of other ones, as we go to Elementary school from 1st to 4th grade, then Middle school from 5th to 8th, and High school 9th to 12th. It seems many schools have Elementary from 1st to 6th, then Middle is 7th to 9th, and High is 10th to 12th.

In 9th and 11th grade, we have to take the state assessment tests, depending on what grade you're in, you might have to take that, but it doesn't affect your actual grades, just how your school is viewed based on the average of what your school scored.

(Sorry if this is all confusing)

Being that you're transferring from an English speaking country, you'll be expected to step up faster than most transfer students. You'll probably be exempt from a few tests once you get there, because you probably wouldn't be taught the same subjects as you were in the UK. It shouldn't be too much harder/different for you really.

If you're going to NC for high school, and you stay there for college, you shouldn't have any problems transferring your credits to the university, as it's just like you went to that high school and gained all of your credits there. Again, sorry if it's all confusing.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
I glanced at the name of the thread and i seriously thought you were moving to North Korea...
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
In the middle of AS. Year 12.

Ahhh, I was just going to say you could finish A2 within the next 6 months, but you have another year to go.