Page 1 of 2
Is it just me, or is it a pain in the ass trying to grow out your hair really long. Mine's still not as long as I want it (The front of it just barely passes my mouth) I have it parted in the middle of course though... But it just seems like my hairs always getting in the way. And it's too short too tie back without it looking extremely goofy. Any tips/advice from people that already have long ass hair?

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
you could try "training" your hair to go 1 way. keep brushing it the way you want it and it should just fall into place after a while (if you get me). If your hair is defiant, try using a hair-dryer, the warm air will help you shape your hair. Or you could straighten it!

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

._: Gear :_.
1952 Reissue Fender Strat
1962 Reissue Fender Telecaster
Bluerock Double Neck SG
Yamaha Pacifica 112mx
Aria Electro Acoustic
Fender Deluxe 900 Amp
Various Effects
im at the same stage dude, and worse my hair is kinda wavy, so its even harder to sort out. i end up straightening it if i go to work, but if im just going up town or something i just stick a hat on, my hair isnt quite long enough to get behind the ears yet can be really annoying sometimes but ya just gotta stick with it
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
There's loads of hairstyles you can have even with your hair that long. Simply moving the part in your hair left or right will change how you look quite a bit, you can just push it all back with your hands and let it fall behind your ears, etc.

I have a tip. If it's long enough to tie back and stay that way for a bit, do that after you shower. After I wash and rinse my hair (all of it goes well past my chin), I don't even dry it, I just comb it back somewhat tightly, tie it up, and squeeze any excess water out of the ponytail. I take showers at night, so I sleep with it like that (on my side of course), and take it out or re-tie it in the morning. It leaves your hair very healthy looking, and also, much straighter than usual. If your ponytail gets long enough, you could even put a second tie (or third) down near the end of it to keep it even straighter, just take those other ties out if you're going somewhere, it looks dumb.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
I'm growing mine in at the moment, but it really is taking forever. Its just coming over my eyes at the moment and my general rule is wear a hat. Always. If I don't, it tends to get a bit silly.

If I'm going out, however, straightening is the name of the game.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Ive always wanted to grow my hair realy long but the in-between stages will look realy stupid me thinks... =(
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
[quote="'†[Posessed"]†']Ive always wanted to grow my hair realy long but the in-between stages will look realy stupid me thinks... =(

It actually looks good, just doing anything with it is hard. You have no idea how annoying Math class is when you can't quite put your hair behind your ears. I found a picture of me when my hair was only above cheek level, and I didn't look bad. That was sooo long ago...

i think you just have to deal with lookin wierd for a while . just remember that its for the sake of headbanging and that worth everything.
For ages I was growing my hair, it was annoying 'cause I couldn't tie it back and it would blow in my face, get in the way, itch my neck and everything... and yet it never seemed to grow, it was always just under my jaw.

Now all of a sudden my hair reaches my nipples. I tie my hair back most of the time now and whenever I don't, or when I was my hair and combing it and shit I can't believe how long it's gotten.

As for advice... Hell, what I did all the time was push the hair behind my ears (my hair was always parted)

Looked kinda goofy though....
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by akm1020
i think you just have to deal with lookin wierd for a while . just remember that its for the sake of headbanging and that worth everything.

Mine most definately is not.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by akm1020

Ha, that just reminded me of how I can headbang my way to a better hairstyle... Sounds odd, I know. I normally part my hair in the middle, and after a good minute or so of headbanging, and a few seconds of fixing everything, my hair actually looks better, more body and such. Assuming it's not battered in beer, sweat, and the smoke of a hundred blunts though.

he my hair reachs my leg. Seriosly. it has taken 8 years since i was 12
quick question. Does anybody have a way i can convince my mom to let me grow my hair out? My hair was finally about the threadstarters length but then she forced me to get it cut.Now the backs comes to the very bottom of wear my neck ends,the side stops right dead in the middle of my ears,and the fronts up to my eyebrows. I'm aiming for more of a dave mustain length.
"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
Quote by wetwilliamthe3r
quick question. Does anybody have a way i can convince my mom to let me grow my hair out? My hair was finally about the threadstarters length but then she forced me to get it cut.Now the backs comes to the very bottom of wear my neck ends,the side stops right dead in the middle of my ears,and the fronts up to my eyebrows. I'm aiming for more of a dave mustain length.

Just tell that wanker to sod off. Really. When my hair was getting past my eyes, my mom bitched at me about it, and I just basically bitched back and ignored her about it. Moms will give up quite quickly about that stuff. You should never let anyone force you to do anything.

when she tells you to get it cut, just say no, its your hair, have it how you want it
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by serbusfish
when she tells you to get it cut, just say no, its your hair, have it how you want it

Or just paraphrase everything I said four minutes earlier... >_>

Hey my hair just got to down past my shoulders, and when it wet and straight down past my back. I like this length but i want it longer. My hair is naturally curly, not extremely curly but curls at the ends. Do you know how to keep my hair straight without straightening it?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
having long hair thats not long enough to pull back or wear down sucks ass.. mine goes a little past my eyes and it's pretty damn annoying sometimes. im about to cut it all off..it doesn't grow fast enough, I have to wear a hat all the time otherwise it looks sloppy, only conclusion is short hair!
Quote by serbusfish

i've tried,she gets it cut shorter.My parents are christians and there like "why do you want to look like the world,were supposed to honor god",while im standing there practically laughing at how they realy think that stuff works.

Quote by myguitarskucks1
Hey my hair just got to down past my shoulders, and when it wet and straight down past my back. I like this length but i want it longer. My hair is naturally curly, not extremely curly but curls at the ends. Do you know how to keep my hair straight without straightening it?

Like I said, do as I do, tie it back after you shower, get as much water out of your ponytail as you can by squeezing it, and then use several spaced out ties to keep it straight. I believe there are some shampoos that are supposed to slightly keep your hair straighter, but I haven't used anything of that sort. If worse comes to worst, just straighten it. Or get dreads, which I plan to do the beginning of the summer, you'll never have to straighten it again.

Quote by Kylster
Moms will give up quite quickly about that stuff. You should never let anyone force you to do anything.
I had medium hair like i said for like a year -1 1/2 years but then she just snapped and got it cut.I just told her that when i go to college and i dont come home for three years she better not bitch when my hairs down to my mid back(except i didnt use one select word in there to tell her that or i wouldnt have any hair left.)

Quote by wetwilliamthe3r
i've tried,she gets it cut shorter.My parents are christians and there like "why do you want to look like the world,were supposed to honor god",while im standing there practically laughing at how they realy think that stuff works.

Just show them what the Christian religion's image of Jesus is. Did his parents make him cut his hair? No! Lest he would have smote them. Yes, I'm telling you to threaten your parents with Divine Intervention.

Quote by Kylster
Sorry if this ensd up being a double post.

Just show them what the Christian religion's image of Jesus is. Did his parents make him cut his hair? No! Lest he would have smote them. Yes, I'm telling you to threaten your parents with Divine Intervention.

sweet.never thought of that...

Quote by Kylster
Like I said, do as I do, tie it back after you shower, get as much water out of your ponytail as you can by squeezing it, and then use several spaced out ties to keep it straight. I believe there are some shampoos that are supposed to slightly keep your hair straighter, but I haven't used anything of that sort. If worse comes to worst, just straighten it. Or get dreads, which I plan to do the beginning of the summer, you'll never have to straighten it again.

Dreads are more work than you think tbh

but it's totally worth it man
Quote by Kylster

ok maybe ill try that out. Even though my mom and stepdad have been dying to see me with my hair tied back. Ive never done it so yeah.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
Quote by Nick_
Dreads are more work than you think tbh

but it's totally worth it man

No, I know how much work they are. With how slow I am, and how much thick hair I have, it could take all day. I've been to dreadhead.com and looked over everything, I've seen the whole procedure, and I know it's tough. I'm going to order their dread kit, and some extra bottles of shampoo (since that no residue shit is tough to find). I'm also getting someone I know to help with sectioning everything off, probably my mother, as she is/was a hair stylist.

I'm doing it at the beginning of summer so by the next school year, (my senior year) they'll be all locked up and looking nasty. I'll be giving many people quite the flogging.

my advice is dont do it. i had grown my hair out for 2 years. got it cut a little over a month ago, havent looked back since. life is much easier for me now.
Well I know short hair is alot easier. I've had short hair all my life. I got tired of it...

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
Quote by Kylster
No, I know how much work they are. With how slow I am, and how much thick hair I have, it could take all day. I've been to dreadhead.com and looked over everything, I've seen the whole procedure, and I know it's tough. I'm going to order their dread kit, and some extra bottles of shampoo (since that no residue shit is tough to find). I'm also getting someone I know to help with sectioning everything off, probably my mother, as she is/was a hair stylist.

I'm doing it at the beginning of summer so by the next school year, (my senior year) they'll be all locked up and looking nasty. I'll be giving many people quite the flogging.

Don't try to back comb them all yourself, get someone else who knows how to do it.

and you still have to backcomb and wax at intervals after you put them in.

And go with knotty boy products if you can, they're cooler and canadian
My hair doesn't get long, it gets big. Like a giant mushroom or furry animal or something. Teh suxx0rz!
^^ ME TOO i have really curly hair and it grows out not down, but ive been thinking about straighting it though
Member of "Marty Friedman>you" club

Quote by Confined Rage
you got wanked off by a fucking cat, at least you got some form of pussy.
Get a weave, like all the black girls in my school.

"BITCH I'LL PULL YO' WEAVE OUT" catfight ensues.
Peace.
My hair's like 65cm long and needs some cutting badly. When it's shorter it's a lot more curly and now only the ends are which is pissing me off. As a kid, at 4-5, my hair was proper Bob Dylan style.
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build
My hairs buggered, been growing it for like 8 months now and the fronts getting just below my eyes (ive bin gelling it to keep it controlled,,,,gets quite an aggresive look ) and guess what?.....my mother decided the backs and sides needed controlling,,,,so she trimmed them abit when I was sleeping!!! lmao

erm,,,but the fringe is still as long as it was,,,,anyone think its worth carrying on and seeing what happens or just cut it even and start again?
Quote by sajuuk
My hairs buggered, been growing it for like 8 months now and the fronts getting just below my eyes (ive bin gelling it to keep it controlled,,,,gets quite an aggresive look ) and guess what?.....my mother decided the backs and sides needed controlling,,,,so she trimmed them abit when I was sleeping!!! lmao

that is disturbing

threadstarter: just leave it grow, i did and im fine
Page 1 of 2