At what level should you start a band? Beginner intermediate expert

Just wanted to know because, ive got some amazing licks and riffs but cant play difficult songs, i would be saying im a cross between inter and begginer

I cant write any songs i just wana play guitar, this is in the wrong thread but who cares eh
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
The level at when you should play in a band depends entirely on the level of music you play as a band. You need to be able to play whatever music the band plays cleanly and work well with other musicians. If you want to play punk music, you need to be able to play punk music cleanly. Im not explaining it very well, I hope you can get what I am getting at.
well it depends wat style u play. Basically if u can do power chords u could play easy s**t like green day and blink 182 which is all just power chords. if ur a really good player then i guess u shud hav no problem.
It depends on:

* the other band-members
* What you hope to reach with the band
* The style of music
* The Instrument
if you can pick up a guitar, then you should start a band. quit worrying about whether the music you're making is "good enough" and just make some ****ing music
in a perfect world, id say everyone should start as soon a they get their guitar/bass/whatever. Being in a band (or just jamming with people) will give you SO much confidence/ ideas etc, it'll improve your ability a lot.

I, however, waited for a while. i reckon i was still beginner/leaning on to intermediate when i gotmy first band.

(i still regard myself as intermediate)
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
you need to gauge yourself based on the other members; for instance, in my band, the guitarist and singer know much more about theory than i do, but i know enough as a bassist that i can jam along and write lines...if i didnt know how to stay in key then i wouldn't be ready for that sorta band. If you want a band thats going to figure out everything beforehand, then you may be ready...if you want a band thats gonna be able to do solos on the fly, or go off on jams of any sort, you may want to learn your scales and chord changes more. hope that helps.
They are right ^

You will learn very very much when you're in a band and you will get much confidence...

Just start a band with people you know and don't expect to much from yourself in the beginning... It will come!
Just do it whenever you want man... If you want to start a band, start a band. **** how good you are for the time being, you're doing it for experience and enjoyment. Then, if you begin getting serious, rethink your options.
Any age/Level possible. Practice makes perfect.

Quote by ToolBass_dude
in a perfect world, id say everyone should start as soon a they get their guitar/bass/whatever. Being in a band (or just jamming with people) will give you SO much confidence/ ideas etc, it'll improve your ability a lot.

I, however, waited for a while. i reckon i was still beginner/leaning on to intermediate when i gotmy first band.

(i still regard myself as intermediate)

+1
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
starting a band is a good confidence builder, a way to get good ideas from other musicians, lots of fun, most of all a good way to learn with others of about the same skill level