Hey guys, can you recommend me a good tab/song to look at for tapping. I have recently been trying this technique and would like to know good songs to try that will help me practice it. I can play small tapping sequences such as eruption and crazy train etc.
^ i recommend taking a simple 4 or 8 chord progression and tapping out the notes arpeggiated. thats what about 50% of tapping is all about anyways.
Midnight by Joe Satriani is a good tapping piece (i think so anyway), It gives a different approach to tapping
or Building the church by Steve Vai
I don't want to be cliche, but try doing Eruption by EVH. The tapping part itself is pretty easy, and it's the first tapping piece I learned. Not to mention that it arguably started the whole tapping thing.

Edit: My bad, didn't see that he could already play Eruption.

Rock on.
Last edited by yoozum at Feb 26, 2007,
Quote by Gbell3587
I can play small tapping sequences such as eruption and crazy train etc.

^ He can play it
Quote by bigmanwithanaxe
Midnight by Joe Satriani is a good tapping piece (i think so anyway), It gives a different approach to tapping
or Building the church by Steve Vai

try not to discourage on first try....

midnight is one hard f'ing piece to play if you're new to tapping

like someone said, eruption, check into vivaldis four seasons by paul gilbert, the vids up on youtube, its a fairly simple pattern, a tad fast, nothing 2 weeks of solid practice wont fix

check devils island by megadeth, good strength building tapping lick

and lastly, write some, its fairly easy once you get the hang of it
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by EZLN libertad
, check into vivaldis four seasons by paul gilbert, the vids up on youtube, its a fairly simple pattern, a tad fast, nothing 2 weeks of solid practice wont fix

Great one, the pattern is a bit difficult to get used to at first but it's a nice one to play once youve got it down.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
yeah definitely, granted there are some long finger stretches that take major work at....
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.