how are we supposed to no whats metal and whats a sub-genre of metal when everyone has there own opinion of it? every time i post about a band i bet told to go somewhere else, then they tell me to go somewhere else!
booo.....

did i scare you???
Last edited by Treazon at Feb 26, 2007,
Look up the various subgenres of metal on Wikipedia, match up the descriptions with the bands you wish to discuss.

EDIT: Judging by your "Favorite Groups" list, you should be most comfortable in the hardcore forums. Sorry to tell you that, cuz I hated hearing it too xD Luckilly, I'm more of a fan of Children of Bodom than I am of Tr.... nevermind... just check my profile
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 26, 2007,
what if i cant be bothered to do that everytime i want to post 1 thing about a band
booo.....

did i scare you???
Use The Recommendation thread about bands you are uncertain about, also do a search for allready existant threads about the band you are looking for.
I dunno man, it took me a while to get used to these forums. I just avoid mentioning my favorite metalcore bands unless it's brought up by someone else.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Look up the various subgenres of metal on Wikipedia, match up the descriptions with the bands you wish to discuss.

i looked up mendeed and put it in the Hardcore forum, and was told to put it in the Metal forum
people who like metal just do this. whilst not playing guitar it gives us something fun to do, classifying and catagorising and stuff.
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
also not all bands are on the reccomendation thread, wikipedia doesnt always work because of different peoples opinions, in the lamb of god thread someone said that they looked them up on wikipedia and it said they were metal but loads of people disagreed
booo.....

did i scare you???
Quote by sam b
i looked up mendeed and put it in the Hardcore forum, and was told to put it in the Metal forum

*shrugs* Can't help you there man xD Were you then directed back to the hardcore forum from here? Bands such as... Trivium (yeah, I went there baby!!) tend to be unaccepted by both boards. The metal guys call them posers, the hardcore guys call them metal. They're stuck in heavy music limbo, cursed to an eternity of bashing by both parties.

Like George Bush.

Stupid name.

Quote by Treazon
also not all bands are on the reccomendation thread, wikipedia doesnt always work because of different peoples opinions, in the lamb of god thread someone said that they looked them up on wikipedia and it said they were metal but loads of people disagreed

Hey, I would call them metal too (As I would.. well, you know), but they're pegged as metalcore. They're also fairly mainstream.. I think the only reason CoB is still accepted is because they're still so damn brutal, despite the toe they've stuck in the door of mainstream success.

Stupid name.

I remember once saying that to me Megadeth are more of a hard rock then a metal band. I took me about a week to delete all the shitty PM's I got LOL
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
The best thing to do is to just make a small note in your post like "(yeah, I know they're metalcore)" or "(even though they're metalcore)" if you just mention them in a conversation. But if it's a thread solely(sp?) about metal bands, then say something like "I don't know what you call these guys but...". Or simply check the third stickied thread on this forum: " Sticky: Thinking of posting about bands like Trivium, Lamb of God, A7X, etc: READ THIS!". It has many of the bands I would enjoy discussing here, but cannot because of thier pegged subgenre.

Stupid name.

Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I remember once saying that to me Megadeth are more of a hard rock then a metal band. I took me about a week to delete all the shitty PM's I got LOL

I'm tempted to do that now just for the hilarity.
Quote by Shinozoku
The best thing to do is to just make a small note in your post like "(yeah, I know they're metalcore)" or "(even though they're metalcore)" if you just mention them in a conversation. But if it's a thread solely(sp?) about metal bands, then say something like "I don't know what you call these guys but...". Or simply check the third stickied thread on this forum: " Sticky: Thinking of posting about bands like Trivium, Lamb of God, A7X, etc: READ THIS!". It has many of the bands I would enjoy discussing here, but cannot because of thier pegged subgenre.

yeh but if i think they're metal i shouldnt have to pretend they're not by saying even though they are metalcore.
booo.....

did i scare you???
Well see, the thing is I KNOW they're not, but I BELIEVE that they should be able to fit in with the metal crowd. Perhaps I should have stated that in the first post rather than what I did say. Basically, dealing with the rules on these forums is like dealing with a girlfiriend: She's always right, and if you state otherwise, you're in trouble.

Stupid name.

read the rules, follow the rules, if not...you get warned/banned
it doesnt matter what YOU THINK is metal, what matters is what WE KNOW is metal
My sig is better than yours