Hey, I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for a H-S-H setup, with a 5-way switch (The type with 8 lugs in a row), a volume knob and a tone knob.

Also, I notcied that if I put a push to break in the hot wire after the input (Input > Switch > rest of the crap) It works as a killswitch, as long as I leave the ground wire untouched, so, yeah.
I'm pretty sure there's a schematic for that on the Seymour Duncan website. As far as your killswitch idea, if you do it that way it'll hum. Read the stick about killswitches for more info.

EDIT: I believe the conversion from 4x2 to 8x1 goes like this:

[1] [2] [3] [4]
[5] [6] [7] [8]

to

[5] [6] [7] [8] [1] [2] [3] [4]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by ljplum12 at Feb 26, 2007,
Thanks, but forsaknazrael's (checks spelling) diagram clears things up.

So when it says a green wire, my pups have a blue instead, so I just substitute it yeah?

EDIT: Dammit, slow all the posting! My pickups are ibanez infinities, and there's a blue, white, red and a black wire, and I think the hot wire is the black.
I'm not sure what the wiring setup is on Ibanez pickups. Do you have the manual?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yes sir. Didn't know Swineshead had pickup diagrams.

hah, swineshead FTW!

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by forsaknazrael
Okay, as compared with the Swineshead...
SD - Ibanez
red = white
white = black
black = red
green = blue
bare = bare

I Thiiiiink. Ibanez's wiring site is weird.

Aww crap, that confuses things. So, from the swineshead diagram, from the bridge humbucker, the blue and bare go to ground, The white and black join together and then to the switch, and the white goes alone to the switch?

Not sure if I get this.
Okay, re-color coded it. This color scheme is based on the assumption that Ibanez pickups are colored the same as Dimarzio, since Dimarzio is used in many of their guitars. Ibanez's double barrel switching is what thoughs me off, I'd be able to read their diagrams if I knew what the hell everything was doing. I've never use a dopuble barrel switching system...

I assume your RG321MH is from 2004, but Ibanez doesn';t have it on their site, otherwise, I could figure this out.

Here's the new diagram. I hope it works. Make sure you know which is the single coil's hot, cause I don't know what it is on yours.

EDIT: Hmm...based on some comparison with an RGT42 diagram, which uses the Infinity pickups, I believe my assumption is correct. woot!
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Feb 26, 2007,
I love you!

I've printed it, when I get time I'll see if it works. Oh and yeah, my black wire is the hot on my single.

EDIT: Just wired her up, works man! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by duggyrocks at Feb 26, 2007,