Well I recently sold my old amp on ebay. Now it's just a case of getting a new one.

I've narrowed it down to the Laney LC15r or Roland Cube 60.

Now my dad has said he'll take me to a guitar shop on Saturday to try both out.

However...if I do leave it until Saturday, I will be without a guitar amp at all until then.

Should I wait a week to try them both out? or should I order one online in the meantime?

I play stuff similar to Muse, QOTSA, RATM, Wolfmother and RHCP - The heavier side of rock pretty much.

I know that the Laney is valve so it'll probably have better clean tone, but the thing is I will DEFINATELY use all the effects the Cube 60 has to offer.

so yeah If I got the cube that'd be that, but if I got the Laney I'd also have to save up certainly for chorus, delay, phaser and some kind of decent distortion (my Boss DS-2 currently doesn't quite cut it).

Any ideas?
Just wait the week man!

Also with the Laney you will DIFINALLY need a Od pedal, I would nearly say the Roland because your not in a band and unless you can crank it, you wont like it (Well sorta depends)
Well if you order it now you probably wont get it until thursday or friday your probably better off waiting until Saturday.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
just wait until saturday

that way you get to try them so you wont make the mistake of ordering the wrong one in the meantime

whatever you get though, ENJOY
Quote by False_God
Just wait the week man!

Also with the Laney you will DIFINALLY need a Od pedal, I would nearly say the Roland because your not in a band and unless you can crank it, you wont like it (Well sorta depends)

isn't this the OTHER way round for an SS amp?
Wait the week. Patience is a virtue. Plus, at the store, you can bargain down the price. Can't do that with a website.

Quote by matt bickerton
I know that the Laney is valve so it'll probably have better clean tone, but the thing is I will DEFINATELY use all the effects the Cube 60 has to offer.

Short term, the Cube might be a better option, but that's also the amp you're far more likely to outgrow. And soon. I would definitely recommend you stick with the valve amp, and slowly build a pedal collection to go with it. In the long run, you'll be much better off.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by matt bickerton
isn't this the OTHER way round for an SS amp?

Suppose it isnt too clear but I was referring to the Laney!!
Quote by False_God
Suppose it isnt too clear but I was referring to the Laney!!

oops! my mistake.

but yeah I was thinking that...I previously had an Epiphone Valve JR 5 watt combo...

and yeah I only kept that at about JUST under 9' o clock...so with the Laney being 15 watts I'll be keeping it even lower...

is it really worth having that sorta valve power for mainly bedroom use? I'll be doing the odd school event and having band practice now and again..but yeah primarily the new amp will be for use at home.
Quote by matt bickerton
is it really worth having that sorta valve power for mainly bedroom use? I'll be doing the odd school event and having band practice now and again..but yeah primarily the new amp will be for use at home.

Ha! It's not like you're buying a Twin!

Obviously, you'll have that thing really low at home, but you'll be glad you have the power for any time you leave the house. A 15W tube amp can last you for years and years. But I can pretty much guarantee you that a single year with the Cube would be too long.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^Yeah +1 in the long run the Laney will be the right choice!

Too bad their isnt a VC-15 (Not where I go anyway) that would be suweet!! lol..
But ya go for the Laney seeing as you will be in the band scene in the future!