Do you think high schools haver tightened up since the 70's. We get in trouble for leaving for lunch or taking a drink from the cafeteria. It seemsfrom stories ive heard from older poeople, that they usd to get away with murder. I dunno, maybe its just my school. Any opinions?
I Return to Serenity

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley
you've been in high school since the 70's?
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
i think it depends on who you are. when i was in high school....the staff kids got away with anything, or if you played sports. i think its pretty much the same anywhere.
Yes I think so

edit: no wait I'm not sure
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i dunno, my mom told me that they had a smoking section outside that you could go to during lunch but now if you have a lighter you get three days out-of-school.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Quote by psycadelicart

n0, he said that people he knows who went to highschool at the 70's.....

but yeah, highschools have definitly gotten more strict.
Nikolas
i was born in 89, so all i got is cheesy 70s and 80s movies to go by

so...
HELL YES ITS GOTTEN MORE STRICT!!
back in the day we could crawl through air ducts and dress in whatever we want and the teachers would be all "damn you kids", ya no?
If it wasn't stricter, it would be a lot more dangerous. So you can't leave for lunch, big deal. You'll graduate soon enough.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
n0, he said that people he knows who went to highschool at the 70's.....

but yeah, highschools have definitly gotten more strict.

I know i was jk.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
I'd rather get a good verbal stuffing than some 40 year old wanker smacking me with a stick, knowing full well I couldn't hit him back.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
i was born in 89, so all i got is cheesy 70s and 80s movies to go by

so...
HELL YES ITS GOTTEN MORE STRICT!!
back in the day we could crawl through air ducts and dress in whatever we want and the teachers would be all "damn you kids", ya no?

I live for cheesy 80s movies.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by JamMan*
I'd rather get a good verbal stuffing than some 40 year old wanker smacking me with a stick, knowing full well I couldn't hit him back.

clearly you confuse the '70s with the 19th century.

and yes, they've gotten stricter, and yes, it's stupid.
Well if you think about it cheesy 1970's-80's movies are well.... cheesy and i don't know accurate it would be to build of that
I don't like the term "dork" I prefer "Hip" or "Funky Fresh" I was cool in the 70's
hey man, i learned to multiply with final fantasy, i learned to spell with sesame street, you gonna talk shit about that to? huh, dick?
so its only fitting my history lesson came from 80s movies, or are you gonna tell me Princess Buttercup never existed and that neither did ROUSs?

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!
I keep on swearing in front of my teachers and they never notice.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by blynd_snyper
clearly you confuse the '70s with the 19th century.

and yes, they've gotten stricter, and yes, it's stupid.

Clearly my 41 year old Father has been lying to me.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
I think it depends... I don't think a catholic school would have gotten stricter since the 70's, lol.

But public schools, probably. My dad went to high school in the late 60's I think. He said they basically let the kids run the school. People sold drugs in the open in the student-designated "drug hall" without getting in trouble! Not to mention, my dad said when some kid wrecked his project, the teacher SUGGESTED that he punch the kid in the face (which he did)

Nowadays, that stuff gets you kicked out of school!
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by insideac
High schools a joke, specially as a senior.

Senior year is awesome until you realize that your complete disregard for the psuedo-authority in the school is resulting in nearly failing

Still, fun year.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Lol USA schools are teh sex xD
In Argentina, in the 70's there was a dictatorship military government, so for example, in my mom's school it was forbidden for girls to even TALK with a guy, in a radius of 200 meters from school.
So I would say that it was otherwise. Things got WAY less strict.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by mr kipling
I keep on swearing in front of my teachers and they never notice.

I always do that out loud they never say anything ,it's a bad habit. They do notice though.Also I got caught cheating .I should have gotten expelled.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
my dad took the school fire extinguisher one time out of the glass and sprayed someone down with it for fun and never got in trouble. Oh yeah and he also threw a dodge ball at the gym teachers butt and made her cry and didn't get in trouble. He also threw beer bottles at school buses i think, but he might have gotten in trouble for that. He also skipped school 3/4 of the year of his senior year and still graduated.
Quote by psycadelicart

Lol, your avatar really makes that comment work.
Frank Zappa's face is priceless on that one.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
there are more rules, yes, but you dont get beat to within an inch of your life by your teacher when you break one.

that used to be a lot more common.
Quote by NathanWolff
He also skipped school 3/4 of the year of his senior year and still graduated.

Lots of people still do that...

I get away with tons of the stuff alot of people are complaining about getting in trouble for. That's probably just because I'm good looking though.
To hell with high school, go to college (its more fun!)
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/