Okey dokey everyone, the title says it all. i've got a guitar and want to go on a road trip esque sort of thing, you know travel all over the world with guitar in hand, figure it'd be cool.

however to do this, i need places to go that are in the very least remotely guitar related (planning on visiting hendrix's grave and paying my respects and all that) so the question is, is their anyone out there who knows of any cool guitar things where i could travel too, newhere in the world. u know, places of signigifcance to a guitarist?

btw, if neone wants to meet up on the trip, thats cool, we cud get a huge meet going.

thanks everyone

ps, can you take a guitar on a plane as handluggage?
i think u must put the guitar with the rest of the luggage.. so not recomended
Dude that's sounds awesome. I don't have the cash though. All over the world though, jesus.
haha.

Good luck with it all.
oooo thats two destinations. come on people i need more!!! i'll meet pretty much neone on the way if ur near guitar related things, its just i wanna go on a trip with the guitar, but to be honest i cnt justify it takin the guitar which is why i need the places to go
depends on the type of music you like and the money your willin to spend, here where im at (Fresno, CA, US) there is a fantastic Folk, Punk, Thrash and Black scenes.

There are even a few old surf guys around.
go visiting all the guitar factorys in east asia

EDIT: ah faking hell! didnt see the post above.
lol, unlucky. at the moment im just looking at interesting places to go to with my guitar, and i'll work out the cost when i book the thing. it's looking fairly certain that i'll be sitting happy in america for a while.

like the dimebag idea. and to answer another question im into mainly classic rock, and some modern rock like buckcherry and things like that

it just seems strange, is their not like a pilgrimage place for guitarists? somewhere they can all go and jam, like mecca only less religious?
Quote by blynd_snyper
visit all the guitar factories in tenesse

i think thats where they make most guitars anyway.

ive been to fender, gibson custom, and gibson usa, they are FANTASTIC. im going to tn again on the week of march 17th
There's something living in these lines.
Quote by CobenBlack
it just seems strange, is their not like a pilgrimage place for guitarists? somewhere they can all go and jam, like mecca only less religious?

start one in burnley. something like a guitar grave for all your broken guitars. then people could go and worship the spirits of the strings and rock out to some sweet shit
Quote by deanodon
start one in burnley. something like a guitar grave for all your broken guitars. then people could go and worship the spirits of the strings and rock out to some sweet shit

Good call

thanks for the ideas everyone, sounds cool. i'll see where i can get to, and i'll post something sooner or later to let u all know my route and everything, so then u know if u wanna join in you can.

at the mo im thinking randy rhodes grave, dimebags, hendrix' and srv's with a trip to the guitar factory in the middle. i'll see if i can do ne nights where i can just stand up n play whatever by miself and in whatever town im in i'll do like a setlist with whoever died there involved.

along the way im thinkin of rentin a small plane and seeing if i can set like the record for longest guitar solo played at an altitude of. . . . . very high.
That's radical! My friend and I are taking a road trip to Arlington Texas this summer to visit Dimebags grave (we live in Illinois)

We're allowed to visit his grave aren't we?
go to the PRS factory and try to get a tour, that would rule

^oh you bastard, you beat me to it
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Hit up paris go visit Jim Morrison's grave, If you come by MN you could go find Bob Dylans house I know were it is but it's a secert.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
how many graves do you want this guy to visit?!?!?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
why dont u just go on a road trip and follow bands. You know go to concerts all over the world?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic