Ok, So far I have seen a good few models of the Ts.
Other that the original (Whish is the Ts808 right?)

So what one is the best and closest to the original minus the price tag because Im lookin into one!!

dave!
try a keely modded TS9. i think those work.

but for unmodded, and ibanez, TS9.

PS. TS808's are reissues.
^Will look into one!

Is it? DAMN reissues are expensive!! WOuld they be as good? ok cheers for that!!
Last edited by False_God at Feb 26, 2007,
Quote by Arlabester

PS. TS808's are reissues.

Yes, the Ts808 reissues are indeed reissues.
Quote by False_God
Ok, So far I have seen a good few models of the Ts.
Other that the original (Whish is the Ts808 right?)

So what one is the best and closest to the original minus the price tag because Im lookin into one!!

dave!

There isn't really one original; the TS808 was the first, then came the TS9, TS5, TS7, etc etc; and then came the reissues.
Quote by mr_hankey
Yes, the Ts808 reissues are indeed reissues.

he didnt know that.

^ yes. almost every reissue ever is expensive.
I have the Ibanez TS808 reissue. It's a great pedal. Is it as good as the original? I don't know, 'cause I never played one. I hear great things about the Maxon OD808, which is supposed to be closer to the original than the Ibanez version.

I bought mine on eBay, paid about the cost of a new TS9.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I have the Ibanez TS808 reissue. It's a great pedal. Is it as good as the original? I don't know, 'cause I never played one. I hear great things about the Maxon OD808, which is supposed to be closer to the original than the Ibanez version.

I bought mine on eBay, paid about the cost of a new TS9.

What I've heard about the OD808 is that it's not actually a TS808; it's something very different. I haven't tried it to confirm; I played the OD9 instead, which is very nice.

There's always the Fulltone Full-drive 2, which is amazing: a TS808 copy with an additional switch for boost.
Quote by mr_hankey
What I've heard about the OD808 is that it's not actually a TS808; it's something very different.

yeah, it was maxon that made the original tubescreamers for ibanez, then the two companies split up and ibanez started making their own TS's. apparently the maxon 'screamers are closer to the original tubescreamers than the ibanez ones, as slatsmania said.
Quote by blue_strat
yeah, it was maxon that made the original tubescreamers for ibanez, then the two companies split up and ibanez started making their own TS's. apparently the maxon 'screamers are closer to the original tubescreamers than the ibanez ones, as slatsmania said.

Well, the OD9 does use the JRC4558D op-amp, like the original TS-808's did (I'm not sure about the original TS-9's), so it is closer than the TS-9 reissue's.
Quote by mr_hankey
What I've heard about the OD808 is that it's not actually a TS808; it's something very different. I haven't tried it to confirm; I played the OD9 instead, which is very nice.

sounded pretty similar to me, at least compared to what I remember the reissue ts808 sounding like (I didn't get to try them head to head).

i'd go maxon od808, you can get them for £99, compared to well over £100 for the ts808. EDIT: it sounds closer than the od9, IMO, and I have tried those two head to head.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?