View poll results: Total Guitar or Guitarist
Total Guitar
41 59%
Guitarist
15 21%
Dunno what you're on about..
14 20%
Voters: 70.
not sure how many people buy Total guitar or guitarist here. I think they're mainly sold in europe. just wanderin' which you think is better..
Personally I prefer Total guitar
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
Depends. TG is a bit of a no-brainer magazine, good to just flick through, with some decent tabs, while Guitarist is more in-depth.

I buy both.
im sure they're both owned by the same corperation
Equipment
Gibson - Les Paul Junior
Fender - Jagstang
Squier - Tom Delonge
Cort - Katana
Peavy - Vintage Electro-Acoustic
Marshall - MG100DFX

--> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> ...
I had a subscription to Total Guitar until they started having either Avenged Sevenfold or Trivium on EVERY cover. Now i read Guitarist, which rules.

EDIT:^they are indeed^
Quote by Sappy Old Age
im sure they're both owned by the same corperation

Yes, they are both owned by future publishing. I prefer Total guitar, even if they give shit things five stars, such as the line 6 spider 3
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
i read total guitar all the time but ive never read the guitarist mag, i might by it the next time i go into town, by the way can anyone tell me if the latest issue of total guitar out and if it is, whos on the front cover please?
I think at the end of the day, no matter what...our UK rags are much better than the American magazines. Jesus, they big up EVERYTHING! I saw some shots of Trivium, where they were dressed up as Romans or some shit? What's that all about?! No wonder the poor saps over there suck in everything (and still would gladly give head to Edward Van Halen), it is rammed down their throats.

Oh and by the way what about Guitar Techniques, it's superb!
im more of a guitar one guy

good lessons, good reviews, and they dont stick to one type of music like GW or GP so often do
I get both, depends what they have inside them, i like Guitarist because they have brian may, i like TG becasue they have or had Paul Gilbert.
TG for me. simple look through everynow and again good tabs and competitions.. Some freebies which are never great such as the volume and tone nobs free this month which go up to 11 lol
Quote by gallagher2006
TG is a hell of alot more accesable. Guitarist is just metal up yer ass every page.

Guitarist never have any metal.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
I buy which ever one has something interesting that I would like to read. I buy either if they have a guitarist or band that I like featured, or if they have an article that I think could help me. Looking through my collection I tend to buy Guitarist alot more than Total Guitar.
Quote by splinter26
TG for me. simple look through everynow and again good tabs and competitions.. Some freebies which are never great such as the volume and tone nobs free this month which go up to 11 lol

I never got them
TG, i got guitarist one and didnt like it

i might look at it again when my subscription to TG is up this year
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
I read TG I think it's an all round better magazine. It has aload oi good tabs and some good review/interwies and columns in it.
Total guitar is absolute shite. Guitarist wins by a country mile. I like Guitar Buyer too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i actually prefer guitar techniques, it seems to cover a lot more styles, unbiased, more detailed lessons etc. But out of those two 'Guitarist' is a clear winner IMO.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
im more of a guitar one guy

good lessons, good reviews, and they dont stick to one type of music like GW or GP so often do

guh?

Quote by gallagher2006
TG is a hell of alot more accesable. Guitarist is just metal up yer ass every page.

snuh?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Craigo
You all suck.

Guitar Techiques is best for all areas, has the best tabs, lessons, reviews and is probably the most unbiased.

That's also coming from a hardcore/metal fan.

guitar techniques doesn't have gear reviews.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, but I'm all about the gear reviews.

GT is great for tutorials, though, that's beyond argument, lol.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, but I'm all about the gear reviews.

GT is great for tutorials, though, that's beyond argument, lol.

Yeah, and Total Guitar has some of the worst gear reviews i've ever seen
^ exactly. After reading an issue, I feel like I know less.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Guitarist wins by a country mile in my mind. No contest, unless you struggle to read perhaps.
...Bleep Bloop...
naw guys it's all about Guitar Techniques, Total guitar is more of the " now " popular bands while Guitarist is full of adds and reviews. But GT is where all the juicey stuff is baby!
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
TG. I never get any other ones even though i still look through them.
DANK MEMES
It actually costs 18 bucks or 10 pounds for those mags where i come from. Its insane. So i don't get around to buying them too often. When i do, however, I only buy guitarist. TG sucks so bad. I just get the impression that its made for guitarists who can't read and only like flicking through the pages just to see the pics... I mean, there's nothing in the whole mag worth reading... its so bad.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.