Page 1 of 3
A resounding yay, and a quick death to those who disagree.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Yay.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Hell Yay.

I rate Elvenefris as one of the best DM albums ever. So unique.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Definite yay. Bloody brilliant band. Strange that they changed their name though.
"Genital Grinders," the Carcass Fan Club. P.M. Embodiment to join.
Yay, for the most part. The songs are either totally awesome or dreadfully bad, but there are only 1 or 2 bad ones on Elvenefris.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Yay, for the most part. The songs are either totally awesome or dreadfully bad, but there are only 1 or 2 bad ones on Elvenefris.

Which ones did you think were dreadfully bad?
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
To Become Shelter & Salvation and Bringer of Elvenefris Flame are both kinda lame. Clean singing is terrible and the melodies aren't dark enough to go with the gutterals.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Wow, and I like those songs too. The only one that sucked was that overly long Walking in the Garden of Maat instrumental.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Haha that isn't an instrumental, it's just a bunch of birds with a synth playing.
Quote by HuckIt
Lykathea Aflame is so underrated, underrated bands think they're underrated.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Elvenefris is a cult classic indeed.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by LedZeppelin
Bringer of Elvenefris Flame

Ironically my favourite track off that album.

That chorus could make John Denver go on a killing spree.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Not a huge fan. I can't get into them. Definatly talented and original but it doesn't click with me.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by LedZeppelin
To Become Shelter & Salvation and Bringer of Elvenefris Flame are both kinda lame. Clean singing is terrible and the melodies aren't dark enough to go with the gutterals.

I agree. Still a yay though.
just the really really bad production.....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I vote nay. i wanted to like them because every piece of their puzzle made sense, but alas, not my cup of tea.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Giving this thread a bump...

Does anybody listen to their "Freedom, Hope, and Fury" album that they released under the name of Appalling Spawn? Tom Corn isn't present on it but I still enjoy it a lot. Definitely check it out if you liked Elvenefris.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Has it got the same level of "niceness"?

Definitely not, the album is pretty brutal from start to finish. There are still elements of melody but nothing compared to how it was on Elvenefris.

If you're interested though, here's a link (I can take this down if it's against the rules)... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ACGE1ETH
Quote by i am the robots
drummer uses triggers, nay

....****ing duh, give me the name of a technical, fast metal band that doesn't use triggers.
Quote by HuckIt
yay,i just finished listening to elvenfris and think its one of the best cds ive heard. i esspecialy enjoyed the drummer he is very skilled and sounds like flo, the guitars wernt overly technical but produced and awsome atmosphere. oh, and i caught a riff in one of their songs thats the same as a riff in once was not .it was in endless cemetary i think.
From metal-archives: The band has now changed their name to Lykathé, and has gotten a new logo and a new lineup. An album under this name is currently being recorded.

*giggles like a little girl

The Czech Republic never ceases to amaze me with their unique metal....!T.O.OH!, Stíny Plamenù....need I say more?
^Not to mention Poppy Seed Grinder

LA is really good technical death metal, slowly gaining much recognition outside of the underground tech death scene.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Whoa, big contrast to the original.

Sounds amazing, much better production. I like the added keyboards too.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by LedZeppelin

those are my favorites!!!!!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
A big fat YAY. These guys rock, and I'm eagerly awaiting whatever new material they're going to release.

Quote by diminishedtobme
I came across a new version of "to give" with keyboard and a chick singer at around 2:50.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/pooptastik/New_Track.mp3

The keyboards sound a little too fake for me, like they were added in with Guitar Pro or something. The female vox are really good, though.
Page 1 of 3