Well after getting screamed at by angry metal people, in the metal forum, I'm going to post HERE. Cuz I'm sure they belong here this time. From First To Last, does anyone in the emo lover section like From First To Last?
I liked Dear Diary.... New album is horrible.
I don't know why..
I don't know why I fight for you this way.
the only song I like by them is Emily but only because I'm in love with a girl called Emily
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
From first to last it really good but there first album was alot better then heroine although it was still really good
sonnys voice is awesome in note to self
idk it might just be me but i like it
I have to say, I despise them.

and wtf, metal?
maybe she was hiding because she wanted to be found.
You posted this in the metal forum?! Why?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

O_O maybe you're not smart? cause a)they aren't metal, and b)they are definitly NOT emo.

post-hardcore my friend.

but yes, i love them, still wrong forum.
In one song he says "im sick of this scene". Just shows how much thier cashing in on a trend.
Quote by original=punk
O_O maybe you're not smart? cause a)they aren't metal, and b)they are definitly NOT emo.

post-hardcore my friend.

but yes, i love them, still wrong forum.

I wouldn't say they're post-hardcore, what makes you say that?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

what else would you classify as them? their sound isnt emo, they arent poppunk, they arent metalcore, so what are they?
Quote by original=punk
what else would you classify as them? their sound isnt emo, they arent poppunk, they arent metalcore, so what are they?

They're screamo-y. Who really cares about labels though? Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you since you posted like the same thing in the Thursday thread that the majority of post-hardcore bands are dealt with in here even though they're not TECHNICALLY Emo or Pop-Punk but the majority of the bands dealt with in here period aren't TECHNICALLY Emo or Pop-Punk.

Anyway, first off threadstarter I beg of you to link me to your FFTL thread in the Metal Forum. As for my opinion of the band, they're pretty boring and fairly unlistenable to me but I really like Note to Self for whatever reason, I saw the video for it on Fuse and I was like wow what an incredibly catchy chorus, and I also like Emily but that's about it.
sonny just quit the3 band this is fromt heir myspace

There are many rumors going around right now about our band, and we have finally ended up in a position to be able to share with you what has happened over the last couple months since the Atreyu Tour fiasco, the cancellation of the Lost Prophets tour, and our backing out of the Give It A Name festival.

Sonny Moore has quit the band and is working on a solo career. We (Good, Richter, Bloom and Matt Manning -- now an official member, by the way) were in the studio writing for the new record getting ready to fly to Los Angeles to meet up with Sonny to record the record when we got the news about him leaving.

We know that Sonny's departure is going to be a huge deal to a lot of our fans, and we are sorry that these things continue to happen to us (and you). We all tried to make compromises, but sometimes artists just have to do things for themselves.

To make matters worse, Capitol Records was on the verge of being bought out by another label and bands were being dropped. Money was put on hold from the label and with FFTL already in debt due to the Atreyu tour and studio costs..... Well, we were pretty much crippled.

We had a decision to make that night at the studio that I will never forget... This was the most epic, movie-worthy event of my life. We just said, "Screw this. Let's just do it ourselves. The whole thing -- just us four." The good news is Sonny leaving meant that the band had to make changes, and these changes couldn't have been more positive. And so, that is exactly what we have been doing over the last couple of months -- self-producing the new From First to Last album, without a record label or Sonny.

To get the ball rolling, I quickly called my friend Lee Dyess who owns the EarthSound studio in Valdosta, GA where we recorded "dear diary" and "aesthetic" (we also helped him build it), and arranged for the studio time which cost us the rest of our money and favors from Lee. We also teamed up with our close friend Jordan Schur who is not only managing us now, but signed our band to his label Suretone (through Interscope).

Matt Good is now fronting the band along with vocals from myself and Manning. We are extremely excited about this record, and we are stoked to be singing again.

Thank you everyone so much for all of your support, and to the U.K....we are really sorry you seem to have taken the worst from this, we are gonna make it up this year we promise.

Check back for updates and keep your eyes peeled for a complete online over haul for FFTL...

- Travis & FFTL
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Thank God. I ****ing HATE Sonny Moore.

FFTL fans are almost as bad as Aiden fans.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by fenderfreak101

same here with everything you just said lol
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
when i heard about the split on myspace earlier i was sadddd.
love this bad. matt good is a good singer and everything but it just wont be the same
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Good I went to try to see them twice butn they cancelled twice because of sonnys throat problems.
And he can't even sing that great. On dear diary he was like 15 so he had the kiddo voice and on herion he sounded like idk but not good.
Quote by fenderfreak101

Yay!

Please, lets not even bring Aiden into this. Every one of their songs has the word "nightmare" in it.

On a side note, on Wikipedia FFTL is listed as Post-Hardcore.
Quote by HorridxHopes
Yay!

Please, lets not even bring Aiden into this. Every one of their songs has the word "nightmare" in it.

eeeehh if sucking was genre they would be there
Quote by HorridxHopes

Wikipedia =/= good reference for genres.

Every band on there is basically listed as post-hardcore.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Hes pretty annying, i enjoy his voice but aslot of thigns about him i dont like, i still love the band, just i know half their fans will hate them now cause sonny left and all their fans like is "sonny, sonny, OMG SONNY IS HAWT"

still like em.

yeah i guess they're screamo too, but theyre hard to place, cause Heroine had like a eletronicy-type atmosphere.
Cant stand the singer

Rofl@metal forum

I dont consider them post hardcore.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by slowdescent2020
eeeehh if sucking was genre they would be there

thats opinion dude.
Quote by Darc
thats opinion dude.

No it's not, dude.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
^I second that.

i was just about to say third but i looked up and i saw that i wrote it lol...ok i'm going to be honest i liked the first cd "liked" being the key word....then their new cd came out and i saw them live a couple of times inbetween cd's and when the new one was realized and all the hype and all the 13 year girls going goo goo and gaa gaa over sonny moore, it all just made me sick, escpecially when the cd was god awefull. (thats just my harsh opinion). The only good thing about FFTL is that it gives unattractive guys hopes for being coveting by girls for their shitty music talent like sonny moore.
in case none of you have heard, sonny has released a few of his solo tracks on myspace now.

http://www.myspace.com/sonnysound

i like it alot. you can definetly hear some similar sounds to their Heroine cd, which is where i think he was trying to take the band.
it's very electronic which makes sense because he's been influenced by bands like Aphex Twin more than any other bands.
still no fftl, but yeah i like it.
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
I hate their new album, mainly why I haven't bought it. So I shouldn't say I'm an FFTL fan. I'm a Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has a Bodycount fan.
i hate sonny for being like this, a solo project? how ****ing selfish is that? he used FFTL. I think they're better off without him. and now we'll see how many loyal fans there are to them, not fans who just wanna look at sonny.
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Sonnys gone! no

HEY GUYS THIS IS WHAT WE CALL A TRAGEDY

lol i totally ripped that lyric off to make a chorus in an old band i was in i forgot about that