Guys I need some help, I'm stuck in a rut with my playing, playing the same sh*t over and over so I thought maybe you guys could recommend me some new stuff to learn in the style of some Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, Chimaira, Seether, stuff like that. I love riffs, not very fond of shredding, but that could be because Im not too good at it.

So any recommendations?

P.S if this is the wrong forum, please tell where to put it and I'll gladly move it.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
what i do is i sit down and hit the random button on my music player and whatever song comes up, i come here and find the tab and i play til i know it. at least one song a night. that really helps me. if you are out of songs, download more.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
What you need to do is get into other styles of music; Download the Miles Davis albums Kind of Blue and Sketches of Spain.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Go play another genre. Maybe look into older music (Metallica, Sabbath).
Look into the roots of your music, the ones whom the bands you listen to now got their influences. Learn that stuff, and it should help you.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Red.Washburn77
What you need to do is get into other styles of music; Download the Miles Davis albums Kind of Blue and Sketches of Spain.

--Red

Exactly. While you're getting some Miles Davis get John Scofield's Hand Jive and Wes Montgomery's The Incredible Jazz Guitar.

Listening to the same style of music is just going to get you in a bigger rut.