Page 1 of 2
We have this new subject in are school, its called learning for life, and it is in every sence, a pile of balls. Its about learning how to cope with life, apparently anyway, all we seem to do is talk about political shite, which over here in the great ****ing country of Northern Ireland, is.....guess.....a load of balls so anyway..

Just share your experiances of crap subjects and pointless lessons you had, or are having in school
Quote by steee21
We had 'citizenship' which was bollocks.

Isn't it.
Now it's a short course worth 1/2 a GCSE so it's not a complete waste of time
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
I randomly chose my gcse subjects without spending more than 5 seconds deciding each field, why the f*** did I pick textiles? anyway I got a G for that one, I didn't think they went as low as G, they probably created a new letter just for me as my project was so bad. I basically got an old shoe and stuck some cloth on it and gave it in after mucking about for ages.
gym.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
My freshman year of college we had to take this class called "University Seminar." Complete bullshit. Easy A though. It was supposed to prepare you for college life in general and for college-level work. That's what AP classes in high school are for.
i always hear people talk about their guitar classes on here, that's bullshit. we have two required composition classes where it's just writing stories and poetry, which is gay. i also have to take speech next year, which is retarded. you have to write speeches on lots of different stupid stuff and then give them to the class. i'll probably fail since i have no enthusiasm with stuff like that.
yeah we have that preparing for life. but we dont have lessons for it, we were told that its really easy. i got an A on my mock not knowing anything about the paper.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Quote by Arthur Curry
History.
Your Joking Right? history is about the most awesome class any one can take. its awesome learning about all the old wars and the things people used to beleive
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Algebra.....who the hell is going to need to know what pie r squared divided by the cross reference to f means?
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by Sean-Man
Your Joking Right? history is about the most awesome class any one can take. its awesome learning about all the old wars and the things people used to beleive

I'll agree with you that it is as good as subjects get like but still
its shit man
maths!

i dnt ask for a packet of crisps divided by pie to the 7th decimal of the square root do i
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe
I'll agree with you that it is as good as subjects get like but still
its shit man

what ever, i love it, bets class i ever took, that and english. but math, now that hell!!! its so confusing and its like some ones smashed your head open, stole your brain, and then you lie on your desk like a vegatable for an hour and a half
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Sean-Man

I just don't think it's urgent that we learn all that we do in History. We have our whole lives to learn it. Why cram it into a 4 year curriculum?
Math for sure, and more specifically algebra, which I'm taking right now. I'm in college with a journalism major and a creative writing minor. Why the hell do I need to take algebra?
Quote by Arthur Curry
Why cram it into a 4 year curriculum?

Maybe because most people won't take the time to learn history otherwise.
Quote by Lethal.7
maths!

i dnt ask for a packet of crisps divided by pie to the 7th decimal of the square root do i

You could argue that for most school subjects.
You don't do A-level maths to gain important practical skills and prepare for life after school. You do it to show that you're a smart arse.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe
We have this new subject in are school, its called learning for life, and it is in every sence, a pile of balls. Its about learning how to cope with life, apparently anyway, all we seem to do is talk about political shite, which over here in the great ****ing country of Northern Ireland, is.....guess.....a load of balls so anyway..

Just share your experiances of crap subjects and pointless lessons you had, or are having in school

Learning for life???

Never heard of it.

But seriously in northern ireland you defiently need to know about politics.

VOTE GREEN
Quote by Arthur Curry
I just don't think it's urgent that we learn all that we do in History. We have our whole lives to learn it. Why cram it into a 4 year curriculum?

i dont understand. why would you not want to take history. i like to learn about the past and the entire course of humanity has taken. and you say why cram it into a four year curriculum? i think the question is why not. its still bloody fun to learn. its easy as hell too. the main point is "here's what happened, why it happened, Who was there, how, where, now remember it" easy
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by SG6578
Algebra.....who the hell is going to need to know what pie r squared divided by the cross reference to f means?

me.

no not really.

We used to have pshe, now its called citizenship. the lower school has it as an actual lesson but these days in the lessons its just added in occasionally
Quote by Sean-Man
i dont understand. why would you not want to take history. i like to learn about the past and the entire course of humanity has taken. and you say why cram it into a four year curriculum? i think the question is why not. its still bloody fun to learn. its easy as hell too. the main point is "here's what happened, why it happened, Who was there, how, where, now remember it" easy

Whatever man. You dig history, I don't. It's cool.
Quote by str84ever
Learning for life???

Never heard of it.

But seriously in northern ireland you defiently need to know about politics.

VOTE GREEN

really????
cause i think are hole little country is ****ed up the ass, really.
it would be alot better place if we all just ****ed off to britain, or ireland, depending on which side of the fence you sit on.
We have "Personal Development".

Also, Food Tech is a pile of crap.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Religion in Catholic Schools, wasting my freaking credits

I have a picture bible for children, I learned more about Jesus and what he did in that book than I did in 11 years of catholic education
hue
Haha we are doing learning for life too except the teachers have tried to spice it up a bit by putting as Learning '4' Life. We do nothing, its the most pointless lesson ever created
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
lol i used to have PSE, or personal and social education. basically our teacher couldn't be ****ed with it, so every week he asked us what we wanted to learn about, and someone would always shout sex, so he'd have to spend half a hour talking about penises. good times. however, one week he put on a video about bullying, and there was a boy talking really quietly, almost inaudibly, and he just said 'speak up boy, no wonder you're bullied'. i don't think he ever got abused by pupils again, ever. legend.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe

Fuck I hated Life work. I usually schemed it or when I went me an my friends would throw things .
Probably why I got a 'G' for my GCSE
Spanish. I cannot for the life of me stand learning someone elses language. But of course, i hate all my classes except Jazz Band and Choir.
I'm a person.
Physical Education is ****ing stupid.

'Let's play ping pong and run around in circles for an hour!'
Quote by SG6578

Architects and engineers, and pretty much any field in the sciences.

On topic: Our sex education class, despite sounding informative and educational on paper, did little more than try to scare us into abstinence by showing us pictures of STD-affected genitals.
Civics... We watch movies about 9/11 and our teacher pretends to know what he is talking about.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by Arthur Curry
Whatever man. You dig history, I don't. It's cool.

I agree with him. If you learn about what happened in the past you can find out whats going to happen in the future. Everybody learns history to some extent, but the class is just shoving more knowlege down ur throat.

I cant stand people who act like they know everything about current events, but know nothing about history.
Quote by spazzymagee417
tech ed. we make these little cars. such a waste of time.

Now that Im older and having to actually fix things, I wish I spent more time paying attention in tech. How else would I know the proper way to use a drill?
Page 1 of 2