Okay, I need help understanding what reverse racism actually is. I've read that it is when a minority is racist towards a majority (blacks being racist to whites in the USA, for example). But, I've also read that it is when you accept people of a different race.

Can anyone clarify this for me please?
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
Okay, I need help understanding what reverse racism actually is. I've read that it is when a minority is racist towards a majority (blacks being racist to whites in the USA, for example). But, I've also read that it is when you accept people of a different race.

Can anyone clarify this for me please?

No, that's just racism.
*tree*
I think the term is usually used when a race gets benefits simply because they are that certain race.

Like when colleges have to accept a certain amount of one race.

Or like. Underqualified workers of a minority are hired instead of qualified majority workers.
Is it like when black people are racist to white people for being racist?
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Bad-Penny
Is it like when black people are racist to white people for being racist?

Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
It's like, when a black guy gets his nachos first, I saw it in "The Animal" with Rob Shneider or whatnot.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Reverse racism is when someone tries to be racist to the master race. Psht.
I would say reverse racism doesn't exist... It is called racism, even with black people discriminating white people and so on.
Quote by trueyoungpunk
Racist is when something happens to somebody because of their race.

Racism is the belief that a race is superior to another..
Quote by beastiebeatles
It's like, when a black guy gets his nachos first, I saw it in "The Animal" with Rob Shneider or whatnot.

So you're saying a certain race gains benefits due to racism? I believe that's what Arthur ultimately was saying. Or are you saying that many people of a race that has oppressed another race feel the need to treat them with higher respect?
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Greenfinger182
So you're saying a certain race gains benefits due to racism? I believe that's what Arthur ultimately was saying. Or are you saying that many people of a race that has oppressed another race feel the need to treat them with higher respect?

Yeah, the 2nd part

Washington Redskins
Quote by Arthur Curry
Racism is the belief that a race is superior to another..

Well...loosely, yes. I would personally call that ethnocentrism.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
"Reverse racism" is a stupid label. It's still racism. Discrimination of someone based on race. Wether white, black, yellow, orange, purple, any discrimination of anyone toward anyone based on race, is racist behavior and should be punished regardless of what the actual history of those races is.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by beastiebeatles

I saw that film too .

It's when people feel obliged to be extra-nice or friendly, almost patronising to a person simply because of their race.

Our world has blown all things to do with racial equality out of proportion, so now people are scared that if they don't treat ethnic minorities with maximum respect and basically arse-kiss them, they'll get accused of being racist.

In short, it's ridiculous.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
ureh?
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
ureh?

Dude, that is so last week.

Washington Redskins
Reverse discrimination includes discriminatory policies or acts that benefit a historically socio-politically non-dominant group (typically women of all races and men of color), at the expense of a historically socio-politically dominant group (typically men and majority races).

Particularly in the U.S., the term is used to imply that underqualified members of minority groups are being hired and promoted instead of more qualified members of majority groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_racism
Anyone who uses the words "reverse racism" is a douche.

That is all you need to know.

They will also (inevitably) be a straight, white male.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Arthur Curry
I think the term is usually used when a race gets benefits simply because they are that certain race.

Like when colleges have to accept a certain amount of one race.

Or like. Underqualified workers of a minority are hired instead of qualified majority workers.

That's affirmative action.

To the threadstarter, I wouldn't really consider black people a minority in the US anymore.

Reverse racism is any act that can be considered the exact opposite of racism.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.