Page 1 of 2
Rankles edit - YAWN
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
It's not the music I mind, (I just turn off the radio). It's the fact that the extreme cases of emos that slit their wrists and mutilate themselves because life "sucks"

Btw, grammar and spelling will do you a world of good
hue
my time machine works! i am now back in A MILLION YEARS AGO.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
If you want to see other people's thoughts on it, use the search button because there have been a few of these threads already done.
signature
There's 2 types of emo.

1. The real emo kids who actually ar noncomformists and don't seek attention.
2. Scene kids who are just posers.

I hate Scene(suckXcore)kids.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
ARRRRGHHH!!!! We have these threads all the time. NO MORE EMO YIP YAP.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
people hate emo's because: while everyone else likes listening to good music, they like listening to the sound of 9 year old boys getting sodomized.
It's because they brag about how bad they have it. Suicide attempts and emos should really not go hand in hand, yet thats the first thing someone will think of when they hear the other. Could be just that. they basically dress the same, or the fact that they seem to brag about how bad they have it. Or the crappy music, that all says something like she left me, I'm so numb.
holy **** im finished talking about this shit STOP MAKING THIS THREAD!!!!
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Because they're 'tards who are too busy having there head shoved up their arse to pay any attention to the actual person and there personality as opposed to the stereotype and what they just want to see them for. Emos.are.not.all.identicle.clones.they're.human.beings.
Next question. =)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

omg i love it

people dont actually stereotype them as people who cut themselves you idiot, its just a reason to take the piss out of trend-follower wannabe scene kids and its hillarious.
there is a huge post...i think its called "its hard being emo" go there, that will have all the answers. personally i like emo people. am i emo or scene, no, do i care what other people do with their lives, no. live and let live, i say.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
i agree w/ you threadstarter
i dont get it y people all me emo because i have an X on the back of my hand
straight edge is not emo
straight edge is against self harm not cutting yourself
so i bugs me when people call me emo because im not
i dont dress emo even
but people still call me emo
just because someone dress emo or listens to emo music doesnt automatically make them start cutting themselves or anything like that
Quote by WoodPencils
people hate emo's because: while everyone else likes listening to good music, they like listening to the sound of 9 year old boys getting sodomized.

aren't we feeling nice and mature today
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
well emos (much like goths and punks) have this way of being original by dressing similar to each other...
and from experience honestly nearly every male 'emo' i know is gay or insists on acting that way.
i dislike stereotyping but they seem to force it on me that they are 'so emo'.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Notice how most emo kids are proud to be called emo...

And i cut myself in high school and showed it off all the time... I made the siamese crocodile sign (west african i believe?) on my leg above my knee and my bassist at the time (haha, which is really ****ing funny now that i think about it) did the same behind his leg...

I was a very manipulative child... You should see the shit i made my girlfriends do...

But anyways, sorry for the irrelevant story...

But why do you care really? I mean like, do you have close friends that are emo or something?

From my understanding (and stereotyping powers), I've noticed most "emo" kids to be self-absorbed, very narrowminded selfish crybabies...

My younger cousin is one and it irritates the **** out of me because he used to be an okay kid, i used to take him to shows and stuff and now he's always asking me to take him to all this emo/hardxcoreXXXXXXX shit and it drives me near insane because when i dont he posts these blogs about how deprived he is...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Feb 26, 2007,
Because they are agressive birds, they raise tons of asthma inducing dust when they flap their wings, and they use their sharp powerful beaks to terrorize small defensless animals. Despicable creatures!

Also some people wrongly refer to them as "emu", that is a common misconception, they are called "emo". And they ARE emo, look at how their hair almost coveres one eye:

Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Emo sucks because it has turned depression into a fashion statement.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by rockdude375
Ok this is a serious question so please dont give me a load of crap about it .... why are ''emo's'' hated so much? And why are they sterio typed? I just find it strange that if you like the dress/looks/hair style or whatever of the 'emo', or you listen to 'emo' music....such as everyone says about my chemical romance....you are instantly classified as 'emo', which instantly is suposed to mean that you cut yourself, or self harm in any other way.....also if you are know to have self harmed at all, again you are seen as 'emo' and attention seeking. Now dont get me wrong i dislike anyone who does that kind of thing for attention and is willing to show off to everyone the big fat scarrs on there arm, or whatever marks may be anywhere on the body, yeah that does take the piss; but some people do selfharm without seeking attention, and dont want people to know about it, but they feel its their way of coping with matters...which may not be the best way of dealing with things, but they dont do it just show off or to 'fit in'. I think if someone wishes to have the 'emo' kind of hair style, or wear the clothes, or listen to the music, they should not be seen as an 'emo fag who slits their wrists all the time', which is what a lot of people seem to think. I mean yeah by all means if someone is telling everone about how they cut themself and whatever and generally attention seeking the deserve no sympathy...but i dont thing you should be judged by either your personall life; or what you listen to, what you like and how you dress.

I know thats a hell of a lot to read lol but i just wanna voice my opinion and i wanna see everyone elses opinion on the matter aswell

although this is in alot of threads already, i agree with your whole perspective.
better_than_you wrote:

"UH OH! They are MAIN STREAM!! Well I gotta throw all their cds out the window and burn all my shirts. damn."

you people are ridiculous. you people are the sell outs.
Quote by rockdude375
aren't we feeling nice and mature today

Hes a n00b, we should probably let him off!

More on topic, I am annoyed about emo because it is a genre of music that his spilled over into a social group. But that annoys me about other genres as well.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
more like why does everyone hate rap? i personally hate emo cause i find it to be a boring genere, i mean how long can you go and base material off of the way you feel, i mean directly saying it, without any poetic substance to it, the mainstream and new emo seems a bit immature to me

Emo's brag about how bad everything is to everyone its annoying, im not emo, hey i even like some emo music, but that dont mean im emo. Emo's never kill them selfs, they try to look tough by atempting and then braging about it. Sure cut yourself if you want, just keep it to yourself. Cutting is bad though theres better ways to deal with things

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by x_thurston_x
From my understanding (and stereotyping powers), I've noticed most "emo" kids to be self-absorbed, very narrowminded selfish crybabies...

thats exactly what i mean....those are the people who DO try to be all depressive and stuff just for the attention....which yeah i can see why they get shit for it.....but all you people on here who dislike ''emo'' music....im sure there are one hell of a lot of people who dislike the music you listen to.....and im also very sure (as i do like a wide range of things from punk right through to power metal and everything in between) that people who like what you listen to will also like things that are considered ''emo''
Quote by Doolittle
more like why does everyone hate rap? i personally hate emo cause i find it to be a boring genere, i mean how long can you go and base material off of the way you feel, i mean directly saying it, without any poetic substance to it, the mainstream and new emo seems a bit immature to me

i don't hate emo music, but the newer emo shit with all these boring lyrics like you're refering to are definitly not great, you really have to dig to find the good stuff. emo is popular right now and it is super easy to just go on stage with simple power chords, a highish voice, and the looks, and just get money for it. this is why emo has been branded and is usually either love or hate with people.
better_than_you wrote:

"UH OH! They are MAIN STREAM!! Well I gotta throw all their cds out the window and burn all my shirts. damn."

you people are ridiculous. you people are the sell outs.
Quote by wingedgopher
Emo sucks because it has turned depression into a fashion statement.

i agree with that statement very much.....but it also means if someone IS depressed or has got problems, and maybe HAS self harmed as a way of dealing with it...they imediately get shit for it and labelled as ''emo''

i mean at the end of the day everyone has crap to deal with every now and again, its a fact of normal life.....just some people deal with it better than others, and some people have MORE crap to deal with than others
very few "emo" or scene kids cut themselves or complain about their lives. they dress the way they do and listen to their music because its their choice. would you want to get persecuted because people hate your music? this whole "i hate emos" thing is so played out. people get over yourselves and find something better to do that caring so much about what other people look like. they arent hurting anybody.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Quote by XibanezedgeX
i agree w/ you threadstarter
i dont get it y people all me emo because i have an X on the back of my hand
straight edge is not emo
straight edge is against self harm not cutting yourself
so i bugs me when people call me emo because im not
i dont dress emo even
but people still call me emo
just because someone dress emo or listens to emo music doesnt automatically make them start cutting themselves or anything like that

dude being "straight-edge" is even more retarded than being "emo", why do you have to catogorize yourself like this??? Can't you just not drink and not take drugs and not cut yourself like normal people instead of having to make a statement about it??? Is it an insecurity thing?

"The half-full urn splashes where the full urn is silent"
I love MCR and I do not consider myself emo. Even if you do, I don't cut. I sure as hell don't wear eyeliner or those huge bondage belt and chain pants. I wear a lot of black. I have one pair of black pants and those are dress pants. The rest are blue jeans. Emo is a stupid stereo type forced on people just because of their tastes. I just hope you people that hate "emos" know this is worse than racism in some parts. It's not even on race! It's on clothes and hair! In the name of God how stupid is that!
Quote by rockdude375
i agree with that statement very much.....but it also means if someone IS depressed or has got problems, and maybe HAS self harmed as a way of dealing with it...they imediately get shit for it and labelled as ''emo''

i mean at the end of the day everyone has crap to deal with every now and again, its a fact of normal life.....just some people deal with it better than others, and some people have MORE crap to deal with than others

True that. In a way I'm glad I got over my depression before the whole emo craze.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I honestly could care less about their music and whatever, but whenever I see a guy wearing girl pants, I can't help but laugh.
i get shit chucked at me, and people stop their vans on busy road to yell "fcuking emo kid"

i dont care, they are the idiots

and that boy with girl pants is getting laid not them haha
Quote by leftybassdude
how can you like emos when they dont even like themselves?

What term should be used for hate of ones tastes...mother fucker.
Quote by x/taluha

and that boy with girl pants is getting laid not them haha

So you assume.
Quote by YourGodACS
So you assume.

deffanitly not.
a lot of girls dig guys in chick pants
much hotter
Quote by trueyoungpunk
I love MCR and I do not consider myself emo. Even if you do, I don't cut. I sure as hell don't wear eyeliner or those huge bondage belt and chain pants. I wear a lot of black. I have one pair of black pants and those are dress pants. The rest are blue jeans. Emo is a stupid stereo type forced on people just because of their tastes. I just hope you people that hate "emos" know this is worse than racism in some parts. It's not even on race! It's on clothes and hair! In the name of God how stupid is that!

In some ways Emos are becoming like slaves. People beta them up (see the Hard being emo thread). I may joke around and pick on emo things but in the end I look somewhat like the typical emos. I wear black shirts some dark colors and one baby blue shirt. I dont wear girls pants. but my hair is somewhat over the eye and down to my lips. I read that thread I mentioned up there and immeadiately got disgusted he was telling a story of how he gets beat for being emo and people laughed at him and told him stop being an emo ***** I cannot take those type of people. I do hate attention cutters. Sorry for ranting just consider the following: If your type of music had a huge steriotype and people hated you and tried to hurt you for liking it and you were defenseless, what would you do?
I wrote a song about war...
The kind that lives in your head.
Page 1 of 2