Ive heard of some artists that run thier amps volume on 10, i wouldnt mind trying it out, but before i blow my houses roof off, what advantages does this have? is it owrth trying and how do i control my volume if its all out, i take it my guitar volume? alos i take it its the matser volume that they are running on 10? or am i wrong? im just curious on how this works

thanks
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
it will be better. because of more power valve overdrive, will sound chunkier...i assume you have a tube amp.
yea, ofcourse what else is there worth using
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
obviously. a tube amp doesn't really reach its full potential until it reaches full volume imo. I keep the master volume on 10, then adjust the actual volume with the channel volumes. it sounds a lot better imo.
Quote by cheames
obviously. a tube amp doesn't really reach its full potential until it reaches full volume imo. I keep the master volume on 10, then adjust the actual volume with the channel volumes. it sounds a lot better imo.

Isn't it vice-versa? you put the channel volume on ten and the master for the actual volume?
EDIT: I've been told is GOOD to crank out your amp, not bad.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
I also want to know about this. I'm getting a tube amp soon and I don't know if I can blow tubes or blow speakers or something if I crank it to crazy volumes.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Depends on the tubes and speakers of course... You can buy good high-quality tubes and Celestion speakers rated for more wattage than you're putting to them and the speakers will last for years, tubes months...

The main advantages are:

1) Fuller, Thicker, Chunkier sound
2) Sustain
3) Feedback

That's about it. The downside is that is lowers the life of some of replaceable components (which are designed to "go" eventually anyway, it's just that it may happen sooner).
i tried it but, i get alot of fuzzienes ocming from my amp so, i dont know
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
At that point your tone will be ridiculously fuzzed and compressed. The sweet spot for me is around 2-3:00 on the output dial.
I just dimed mine out and it sounded fine. I sure hope people know this is for tube amps only.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
tbqh very few modern amps will actually sound good dimed - that's just too much gain for the power tubes

depending on your amp though it might be pretty good

bottom line, try and see.
To be honest, you're amp will sound about as great as it's going to sound by about half way. At least mine does. Actually, once I get to 3 it's sounding really sweet and I'm not hurting my ears.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
thats wrong, Kurapica, the gain always keeps increasing, now, if thats good or not on your head, that depends.

I recently had a thread about this.
Quote by HxCori<3
Quote by ParryPerson
thats wrong, Kurapica, the gain always keeps increasing, now, if thats good or not on your head, that depends.

I recently had a thread about this.

I know that, but unless you're playing in a huge space, you're not going to be able to discern it. It's just going to be volume for volumes sake.

Hmm, I hope you see what I'm saying. Like, if you're having band practise, once the volume gets too high for the practise space, you can't discern the nuances of the amps tone.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
ah, I see.
Quote by HxCori<3
I turned my half stack to ten just to play Black Label by LOG, most metal moment of my life.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I turned my half stack to ten just to play Black Label by LOG, most metal moment of my life.

But your amp is a SS. That would sound worse than at 3.