How do you do them? I always thought you have to bend the string really high. BUt how do you do them and can i do them with an Ibanez Artcore AF75?
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Pinch harmonics and Whammy pedals will produce a wide array of screams and squeals.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
yell at your guitar until it yells back or try dropping it till it cries out in pain......or pinch harmonics, they work good to.
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by wingedgopher
Pinch harmonics and Whammy pedals will produce a wide array of screams and squeals.

Pinch harmonics? I now what harmonics are but what are pinch harmonics?

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
they're called pinched/artificial harmonics. they're hard to explain search on youtube, some of the stuff there explains it well. basically you hold the pick in a way so that right after you pick the note......ew wait never mind. i just see how you are member of the defenders of emo. instead of playing pinched harmonics why dont you go play this over and over:

|--------------------
|--------------------
|-------------------
|5------------------
|3----5----7----3----
|-----3----5----1----
Quote by WoodPencils
they're called pinched/artificial harmonics. they're hard to explain search on youtube, some of the stuff there explains it well. basically you hold the pick in a way so that right after you pick the note......ew wait never mind. i just see how you are member of the defenders of emo. instead of playing pinched harmonics why dont you go play this over and over:

|--------------------
|--------------------
|-------------------
|5------------------
|3----5----7----3----
|-----3----5----1----

Im not emo i defend them. I have a couple emo riends and to me it doesnt feel right making fun of them now tell me how to do them god dammit!!

Quote by Chuck Norris
they're called pinched/artificial harmonics.

artificial arent really that squeely
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
1. crank the fuzz
2. fret a note (easiest to get good sound on A, D, and G stings for me)
3. hold pick over fretted string 12 or 7 frets higher (i.e. if you fret G string 5th fret, hold
your pick over the 17th fret)
4. pick the note and rotate right hand to bump the string with your thumb over the fret
5. a squealing harmonic will ring, if not repeat over and over again until successful
6. embellish with tremolo or wah-wah
7. try 12, 7, 5, 9, and 3 frets higher (from easiest to hardest)
You have to hit the string with the pick and then brush it with your thumb, this all happens in about a millisecond though so it's kind of hard to show or explain. i'll try my best.

Start out by holding your pick normally, then move your thumb so that it sticks out further than the tip of the pick. Now keep it like that and start plucking any string, pick up and down on the string, towards the neck, then away from it, all over top of the pickups. All stringed instruments can produce harmonics but it varies, so you have to find the spots where your guitar has them. They also sound different depending on where you pick them. Now, once you can produce that sound (the squel or chime of it) then try fretting a note and doing the same thing. Once you have that down you can start incorporating it into your playing and even manipulate the harmonics with bends or a whammy bar.

Edit: Also, Volume ^ and Gain ^
Last edited by YYZ at Feb 26, 2007,
Quote by brentonlatour
1. crank the fuzz
2. fret a note (easiest to get good sound on A, D, and G stings for me)
3. hold pick over fretted string 12 or 7 frets higher (i.e. if you fret G string 5th fret, hold
your pick over the 17th fret)
4. pick the note and rotate right hand to bump the string with your thumb over the fret
5. a squealing harmonic will ring, if not repeat over and over again until successful
6. embellish with tremolo or wah-wah
7. try 12, 7, 5, 9, and 3 frets higher (from easiest to hardest)

Those are artificial harmonics, they're different and won't produce that mean metal sounding squel.