what do you think about the NJ beast for my friend if you change the pickups(if he needs to) or is there any cool looking basses for around $1200 (canadian)
Hmm, I'm taking a guess you play Metal or Hard Rock then,....Hmm, I don't like B.C Riches for their looks. They do however have a moderatly good sound. Not sure on the Canadian to USD conversion, But I would say for Rock look at some Warwciks. Always the Fender Precisions, umm, Metal...., I would say stick with the Rich. I personnally don't like them, but it doesn't really matter what I think, but what you guys think of the sound.
For $1200, you can do a LOT better than a BC Rich. Look into Schecter and Spector, great metal basses. Although, I have to agree, the Beast has probably the most badass shape ever applied to a bass; especially the headstock.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
The Beast sure looks cool, and the NJ line isn't that bad really, just the pickups are IMO pretty lame.

For 1200 you can probably find a better cost:good instrument ratio, but if it has the style you want and plays how you want and can get it how you want, go for it.
haha
Quote by Your41Plague12
For $1200, you can do a LOT better than a BC Rich. Look into Schecter and Spector, great metal basses. Although, I have to agree, the Beast has probably the most badass shape ever applied to a bass; especially the headstock.

Tell that to Glenn Benton.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
To be totally honest with you, I've never heard of Glenn Benton. Tell me some stuff about him, I always love hearing new bassists.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
he plays alot mostly rock, hard rock, and classic rock thats why i said maybe change the pickups but it the quality good?
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Glen Benton is Deicide's singer/bassist.

...And well known Satanist...he branded an inverted cross into his forehead....and he has kids. But gnarly dude nonetheless. Crazy fast bass player and the most un-godly voice I've ever heard.

Back on topic...if you or your friend really wanna spend $1200 on a bass there's much better options then BC Rich. If you're playing rock you could get a Geddy Lee bass and have almost $500 for an amp/accessories. Spectors are quality instruments for rock as well, but Fender's are just so versatile. I love mine and it was under $600...well...that was the list price, I got mine after trading in some gear, no cost.

OR

If you wanna get crazy and spend a lot you could go Warwick, they are amazing instruments and have a natural growl and bite to them, perfect for heavier music. Lots of low end.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Last edited by hatebreed219 at Feb 26, 2007,
Well I have the Fender P Bass Special Deluxe Active and so on...It's a great bass, P/J pickups, Fender Quality, thin Jazz neck and active electronics. It's under $600 and can be used for basically anything. I play hardcore/metal with it in my band, but it sounds great for anything, Jazz, Funk, Rock, Classic, you name it. I would really recommend this or a Spector that's around $600, I can't remember what models they have off the top of my head. I think it's the Legend. Like I said, Spector makes quality gear and they're super-versatile too.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by Your41Plague12
To be totally honest with you, I've never heard of Glenn Benton. Tell me some stuff about him, I always love hearing new bassists.

And you call yourself a metalhead... for shame!

To the Metal Forum with you!!

Anyways, Hatebreed's got it - Spectors are boss. They have a Legend series and a Performer series, both of which are very well priced and spec'd.

So wait... your friend is looking to pay ~$600 for a bass, $1200 for a head and $1000 for cabs.. that's a LOT of friggin' money. Why the hell does your friend have SO MUCH to spend?