#1
I currently have purchased a Vox AC15CC w/ the Wharfdale speaker. I also use a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I have fiddled with the AC15 for quite a while, and I am kind of disgusted with the overdrive. I am fairly pleased with the overdrive on my Deluxe, and I have a Boss Blues Driver that I use with it. The BD-2 sounds GREAT with my Deluxe. However, plugged up to my VOX, the BD-2 sounds very crappy. The Top Boost on the Vox is very nice slightly overdriven, but if I try to get something with more crunch or drive using the BD-2 or the drive on the Vox, it sounds horrible. I was curious what you would recommend to use with the Vox. I'm planning on buying a Tube Screamer Soon, probably one modded from www.mohomods.com . But if you know of something else that would sound good with that Vox let me know. I like a warm overdrive, if you've played the Hot Rod Deluxe, something like its overdrive. And the guitars I use with these amps are a Epiphone Les Paul and a Gretsch Tennessee Rose (just got it and LOVING it!!). In my opinion my Les Paul sounds better through the Vox then the TR, but through that Deluxe that Gretsch sings beautifully!!

Ok sorry that was long, but please help!! Thanks
Last edited by tstrebeck at Feb 26, 2007,
#2
you tried cranking both channels at the same time, with the less paul (at volume 10)? Tubescreamers work well
#3
Quote by Gutch220
you tried cranking both channels at the same time, with the less paul (at volume 10)? Tubescreamers work well


Yeah man but the overdrive to me on the Vox was just not very appealing. I need it to be warmer. If that's just the way it is cause it's a Vox, and that's the bright brit-rock overdrive, then that's cool, just not for me. I love it clean, so I am pleased with it. I just need a good overdrive pedal to go along with it. What about Fulldrives? I don't know much about them but I am seeing it popping up more and more as I read about great overdrive pedals.
#5
Quote by Gutch220
how new is the amp?


The Vox is new, just got it in Wed last week
#7
well speakers take about 10-12 solid hours of nice and loud playing to break in about 90%, the other 10 % takes years, this is why old speakers sound so good. Also, see if you can change the stock tubes so something dark like JJ's.
But a nice tubescreamer will solve all of your problems too. So try these things. And keep messing with settings
Last edited by Gutch220 at Feb 26, 2007,
#8
Quote by Gutch220
well speakers take about 10-12 solid hours of nice and loud playing to break in about 90%, the other 10 % takes years, this is why old speakers sound so good. Also, see if you can change the stock tube so something dark like JJ's.
But a nice tubescreamer will solve all of your problems too. So try these things. And keep messing with settings


Sweet, thanks man. I definitely haven't been able to put that many hours on it yet. Only about 6 probably. Definitely gonna get that TS soon...gotta have one for the collection.