I'm trying to work on my sweep picking, Can anyone tell me any cool songs that have some sort of sweep picking in them??? (PReferabley ones that aren't impossible)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
I believe there are loads of sweep picking practise tabs on the site. They looked pretty good, try them out
Can you tell me the name of one??
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
well theres a little sweep type thing in the middle of the solo in bat country by avenged sevenfold. it might be good to start out with because it isnt really that fast. and in to awake and avenge the dead by thrice there is a little 4 note sweep in one riff. that one could help some too.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
also seize the day by avenged sevenfold has a nice sweeping section at the end you might want to study
the opening riff in "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria is a pretty easy sweep picking practice lick.
leper messiah by metallica,,,,seize the day ending by avenged sevenfold, well actually thers a bunch of little bits and pieces of sweeps in avenged sevenfolds city of evil, strength of the world, mia...solo of like light to flies by trivium,,,if yo uhave power tab look up tumeni notes by steve morse i think..its got some intersting sweeps
And I might as well mention the generic (but good) Canon Rock.
Quote by karlh07
the opening riff in "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria is a pretty easy sweep picking practice lick.

thats a palm muted rake not sweep. it can be played sweep but Claudio doesnt
Quote by R_H_C_P
It's a known fact that 100% of people that sell their Telecasters, die.

I LOLed
Pretty much any Children of Bodom song gots sweep picking in it there is some pretty cool licks that Alexi does might want to check them out if you havent already.
in the solo to the sentinel by judas priest, also by judas priest, painkiller, the solo... umm, and........................................................................................................................
..............................................................alaska by between the buried and me
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Last edited by spartan 118 at Feb 27, 2007,