Basically, I want to find songs that have fairly easy vocals and moderate guitar parts. I've been playing the acoustic for six years but have only been singing for like a month and I'm pretty terrible. I've started off on songs with simple vocals and chords such as Lifehouse- Take Me Away, From Autumn to Ashes- The Fiction We Live, Juliana Theory- August in Bethany, and Alkaline Trio- Blue in the Face. I'll play anything from folk, indie, general rock, alternative, to classic rock, but I'm probably looking to stay away from country (no offense to any fans).

I checked the song recommendation thread and found a couple songs that I'll try, but I feel the thread has songs that are either mainly instrumental or are not what I'm looking for.

In conclusion, I'm looking for songs that have easy vocals and have the acoustic as the main instrument. Playing the song isn't my main concern; I'm looking for songs that I can focus on to improve my vocals while playing (oh yeah, I'm a girl, so songs that are too low-pitched might not be what I'm looking for).

Thanks for any and all help, I hope my request is specific enough (I didn't really find any threads to suit my question). Thanks again
Teen Spirit?
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
john mayer's tori, oasis' wonderwall or lyla, better than ezra stuff like extra ordinary or overcome, the shin's young pilgrim, neutral milk hotel's in the aeroplane over the sea, old 97's question, muse's falling away with you, death cab's crooked teeth ...

i know there are excellent tabs for all of these on ug and they're all fun to sing ... some of them may be a bit low for you but most of them are right in the "easy" range

this exactly the same kind of stuff i'm looking for so i'm checking back later
Last edited by blakwyte at Feb 26, 2007,
if youre a fan of Bright Eyes... man, Connor's whole catalog is perfect for what youre describing.

Not too bad to play, relatively simple vocal range, and most songs sound pretty damn good.
Member #57 of The Weezer Fan Club
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol, it's 3 chords all the way through and the vocal range is pretty low.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Pink floyd - time

if you take off the solo, it sounds really nice on acoustic

atleast it does for me.
Quote by blakwyte
john mayer's tori, oasis' wonderwall or lyla, better than ezra stuff like extra ordinary or overcome, the shin's young pilgrim, neutral milk hotel's in the aeroplane over the sea, old 97's question, muse's falling away with you, death cab's crooked teeth ...

i know there are excellent tabs for all of these on ug and they're all fun to sing ... some of them may be a bit low for you but most of them are right in the "easy" range

this exactly the same kind of stuff i'm looking for so i'm checking back later

I actually have been playing Muse's Falling Away With You for the past week or so, good suggestion btw. I also might try Screenager, as Yawn suggested.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I'll try them out.
^ Woot, I love Falling Away With You

And, yeah, its rhythm makes it a good song to practice singing while playing.
Easy one, wish you were here, floyd
Almost all of the vocals are on a simple progression, C>D>Am>G then repeat, really easy
Quote by dejesus
if youre a fan of Bright Eyes... man, Connor's whole catalog is perfect for what youre describing.

Not too bad to play, relatively simple vocal range, and most songs sound pretty damn good.

I'll second Bright Eyes. My favorite song is "Something Vague." It's pretty simple, uses F, G, C, and Am. I think thats it .. just off the top of my head though. Theres a little hammer-on/arpeggio pick/strum pattern you use for some of it too. Very simple but sounds kind of neat.