Hey guys. I'm planning on getting a new guitar, and then I think about Gibson and Fender, but they're too overated. I want a nice sounding guitar suitable for rock, and somethign that will go great with my effect pedal, cause in my opinion when ppl buy a gibson or fender they are just playing for the name.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Either that or they are great guitars that people actually like.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
they do pay for the name. but that in no way makes them overrated.

they're ideal for rock music.

try a PRS SE fantastic for the money.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Liarsenic12
Either that or they are great guitars that people actually like.

yeah, that sounds about right
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
hmm...

A) There are a lot of types of rock, if you specified I could probably help

B) Did you ever consider that people play those guitars because they sound good and imo feel good?
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Yeah, maybe gibson but certainly NOT fender.
go for a fender or an epiphone.
Your best bet.
But i did hear that PRS was nice.
CTHC
Bc Rich is lightweight, nice guitars too. but please for the love of god do NOT get a WARLOCK
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
In no way am I offending the Guitar and they sound great, but I want something different, liek a guitar thats not as popular but it is one of the better oues out there, idk how to describe it.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
What's your price range? (Clap, Clap, Clapclapclap)

(Say it like you would if you were at a sports event: "Let's go Blackhawks!")
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It would also help if you let us know your price range.

If you want something that plays well, is super comfortable and pretty versatile in terms of rock, i would suggest you look at Ibanez. They make a variety of nice guitars which are mostly suited to rock. Also check out Jackson, they make some great guitars as well. I'd suggest you search different guitar companies online...like ibanez and jackson, see what style of guitars and charcteristics you like and then find a local guitar dealer that sells those guitars so you can check them out and play them.
Well I can spend up to $600-$700 and if I'm lucky I could spend up to $1000(All canadian amounts)
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Quote by shrediquette
It would also help if you let us know your price range.

If you want something that plays well, is super comfortable and pretty versatile in terms of rock, i would suggest you look at Ibanez. They make a variety of nice guitars which are mostly suited to rock. Also check out Jackson, they make some great guitars as well. I'd suggest you search different guitar companies online...like ibanez and jackson, see what style of guitars and charcteristics you like and then find a local guitar dealer that sells those guitars so you can check them out and play them.

I've already been doing a bit of research, on Scheters, Jacksons, and Ibanez but I have no clue what to look at.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Do you want a guitar with humbuckers or single coils?

Humbuckers:

Parker PM10

Single Coils:

Godin Triumph

You won't be disappointed by either of these, I promise .

2 companies who are lesser-known but build guitars with superior playability and build quality.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Used Gibson Studio. Don't buy an epiphony. You will in time regret it (unless you come on here to read how great it is every 5 seconds)
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by FacingUsAll
Do you want a guitar with humbuckers or single coils?

Humbuckers:

Parker PM10

Single Coils:

Godin Triumph

You won't be disappointed by either of these, I promise .

2 companies who are lesser-known but build guitars with superior playability and build quality.

Either One good for me, I want a good sound.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
Either One good for me, I want a good sound.

Godin is a canadian company, so you might be able to find them cheaper somewhere by you.

I think it's part of the same company that owns Art & Lutherie.
Quote by utsapp89
get humbuckers u can get a jackson flying v randy rouds
the best guitar i'v had and iv had 55 guitars that iv abused. 1 year i wore them all out sounded like shit but i got a jackson for 700 and iv had it for 3 years
Would you guys recommend sechters, cause I got a tie between BC Rich, and Sechter,a fter doing a bit of research.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
Would you guys recommend sechters, cause I got a tie between BC Rich, and Sechter,a fter doing a bit of research.

I have a Schecter S-1 Blackjack and it plays a helluva lot better than any BC Rich around the same price.

The only good BC Richs are the customs, in my opinion (although they still look ugly ).
Quote by utsapp89
Well BC Rich is out of the competion I can't find any canadian deals, but theres a new entrant. Jackson

So now the choice is between a Scheter & Jackson

What would you choose?
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Ive been playing guitar all my life. And Gibson, and Fender, are the only two guitars I have ever own, With the exception of my very first guitar that was basicly junk, but ok to learn on. Anyway, Gibson, and Fender over rated? My oppinion,- No.
Over priced? Yes! but what isnt anymore? Please understand, (Im not trying to say Gibson & Fender are the only good Guitars!) or the best!) I have played other guitars over the years. There are so many different brands that will amaze you. And i want really bad.
Most brands has there low end models, up to there very best. Unfortunely the prices on there best are insane. If they were over rated, they wouldnt be as good. A Gibson LP, or an Amarican made Strat, In my opinion is atleast as good as anything out there. Whats the best usually boils down to personal preferance, or oppinion. So i guess this is just my oppinion. What ever guitar you finally get, I hope you really enjoy. Having fun is what its all about.