I've gone through about 5 amps, all solid state, with one being a hybrid(vox ad15vt) and though they've all started out sounding nice, I've later realized they couldn't create the tone I was looking for. I'm looking for a good saturation, but without sacrificing clarity, or getting muddy. something that can provide a classic rock punch(like with a torn speaker), but also modern tones. I'm a big fan of the pre-super collosal satriani tone, songs like always with you always with me, rubina, cryin', and also the tones of eric johnson, both his cleans and his overdriven. I've spents countless hours at guitar center trying to find an amp with the range that I'm looking for, but the only one that comes reasonably close is the marshall dsl401, but in addition to having a price tag over $1000, it has overheating issues. Are there any other tube amps that are a bit cheaper (<$500) that might be fitting? hopefully powerful enough for a small gig
Quote by paintITblack39
I think the AC15 is around your price range. You could also look used.

but what kind of used amp would I be looking for?
The DSL401 itself, maybe a JCM900, a silver face Bassman, and many others.
Sent from my iPad.
Hey I have both a Vox AC15 and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, both sold new for $599. In my opinion, for what you need I think the Hot Rod Deluxe would be great. I was able to get mine used (in mint condition) for $400 at a Pawn Shop. Great sounding amp. It sounds wonderful and is pretty powerful, definitely for small-medium gigs. Anything more you would mic it anyway.