okay so im really thinking about getting one of these and ive read great reviews. the only problem is that im VERy picky about my distortion. what kind of distortion does this thing bring, (name bands that sounds like) and yeah i dont wanna hear "its a metal pedals, DUH!" **** that i know that. the gear im using in my sig. would it sound good?
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
If you're so picky about your distortion, go into a shop and try one.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
Lets just say it'd sound 10x better than the pedals you already got.
Jackson KVX10 King V
Jackson DK2 M
Marshall MG100 DFX
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
im gonna go to GC tonight and try one. just saving up for one will be a bitch
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Quote by Abyssal
Lets just say it'd sound 10x better than the pedals you already got.

ditto
my buddy just got one and ill say its quite the pedal. real heavy and gets a good range of different sounds. you can get a nice, Judas Priest type sound to a heavy thick sound
It sounds like a good metal sound... not too dark, but not light... not sizzly but not bassy.

It's a good sound...

Except that...

The pedal...

IS WEAK AS HELL. With the gain and everything all the way up, running EMGs through it still makes it sound like the gain knob is on 2. It's a pussy pedal.

EHX don't know jack about metal.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
It sounds like a good metal sound... not too dark, but not light... not sizzly but not bassy.

It's a good sound...

Except that...

The pedal...

IS WEAK AS HELL. With the gain and everything all the way up, running EMGs through it still makes it sound like the gain knob is on 2. It's a pussy pedal.

Running EMGs into it shouldn't give it more gain.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by i_baked_cookies

It's a good sound...

Except that...

The pedal...

WTF are you running it through, a transistor radio?
Quote by kmf1
WTF are you running it through, a transistor radio?

I've run it through everything! My Randall halfstack... which I use a multieffects for distortion usually, a smaller crate combo, a line 6 spider II, my small Randall RX15, a vox combo...

I ran it through pretty much every amp at Guitar Center and Sam Ash with a variety of guitars... and it is so gay!

About the EMG comment... EMGs won't make the pedal create more distortion, I know... I meant that the distortion would be greater overall. The Metal Muff won't sound as distorted if you played it with a single coil fender pickup or something else with less output.

Either way, garbage pedal.