hey guys,

i've been playing guitar for a couple years, but i've never really tried any metal stuff, except for some van halen - i played rock, blues, and jazz mostly. i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for scales and songs for me to learn. also what are some songs to learn to be able to sweep pick?
try some stuff by COB, Pantera, Ozzy, or Black Sabbath
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I know it's hard, but "Far Beyond the Sun" By Yngwie Malmsteen can teach you how to sweep. Learn as many scales as you can, the harmonic minor is really cool.

Try learning some Iron Maiden, like "Aces High" or "Phantom of the Opera." For some tough metal stuff try to learn some Angra, like "Angels cry" or "Temple of Hate."
Quote by cman138
I know it's hard, but "Far Beyond the Sun" By Yngwie Malmsteen can teach you how to sweep. Learn as many scales as you can, the harmonic minor is really cool.

Try learning some Iron Maiden, like "Aces High" or "Phantom of the Opera." For some tough metal stuff try to learn some Angra, like "Angels cry" or "Temple of Hate."

yeah, Maiden's good... The Trooper is a good song to learn, as is Two Minutes to Midnight

EDIT: Yngwie is really hard, something that might be a little bit easier for sweeping would be something by A7x... but most of their stuff is slightly different than sweeping
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up