does anyone know of some good japanese rock (or metal) bands? i would like something with at least some fast solos, and it sounds japanese (i.e., uses japanese scales and such). the only thing i can think of that is similar is like, tak matsumoto. thanks and sorry if this is too tough.
The only one i can think of off the top of my head is Hotei, who wrote that ridiculously overplayed piece of music from Kill Bill.
^Told ya so

What's the name of that Japanese fifities-rock all-girl band? The 5,4,3,2,1s? Anyways, they're cool. They played in Kill Bill part one.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Also:
Melt Banana
The Gerogergegege
Boredoms
Hanatarash
Ruins
Astro
Torturing Nurse
Masonna
Incapacitants
Boris
Fushitsusha
Keiji Haino
Overthruster
hirojoshi is a minor penitonic that sounds straight up japanese. people like jason becker and marty friedmon use it alot. it sounds mysterious because of the augment in there jump. make it into a locrian penitonic and it sounds more japanese
A hiro(min)
D--------------7-9-10-
A---------7-8----------
E-5-7-8---------------

B hiro(loc)
G--------------------9----
D-----------7-9-10-------
A------7-8-----------------
E-7-8----------------------
Malice Mizer

Not really 'metal with fast solos' but still nice to listen to

High and Mighty Color are great as well, look them up
Paul Glbert sang a song or two in Japanes song, I do believe.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
dir en grey are supposed to be good, my gf likes them, but I don't particularly care for them
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
Quote by bluewilliams
^ It's the 5-6-7-8's.

yeah i was about to say that, cool band and they're hot

Quote by StuartR
Also:
Melt Banana
The Gerogergegege
Boredoms
Hanatarash
Ruins
Astro
Torturing Nurse
Masonna
Incapacitants
Boris
Fushitsusha
Keiji Haino
Overthruster

The Gerogerigegege are the most ridiculous band on the planet.

And I recommend Melt-Banana and Boris to basically everybody because they are amazing. And Merzbow.