And if i turn the gain or volume up on the amp along with the pedal, it makes a really awful crackling noise. any helP?
I've always been of the opinion that putting pedals in front of modeling amps sounds like crap.

What model do you have it set on?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i just dont really like the metal or the R-fier setting on the amp so i bought this pedal.
yes if you dont like yours
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
the acoustic setting is the LAST setting yoiu want use with a dist pedal

EDIT: what other options does it have
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
it has acoustic, black panel, brit combo, classic stack, tweed, metal, and r fier
try either the black panel or tweed setting and keep the gain knob on the amp low
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
and if you dont like the cube 30 id probably say you wouldnt liek the cube 60 since its the same thing but mroe wattage
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
alright. what would you suggest if i wanna play grunge and stuff like metallica, 3 days grace, and staind? oh and for the grunge bans like alice in chains, soundgarden, audioslave, temple of the dog, stp
A used JCM800 combo. You get get one for about $650 used, but it is worth it. They are tubed amps and Metallica used them a lot also.
As said above, you really don't wan't to be using a distortion through the acoustic amp model. Try using the pedal through the JC clean setting or the black panel with low gain. Also i doubt you're going to get a better tone out of the pedal than what is already built into the amp.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

use the clean channel or the classic channel
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by davo_333
use the clean channel or the classic channel

Yeah..exactly what ^ said. if you read the manual it will tell you to only use the JC clean channel when using pedals. Trust me, I have the 30x.
Quote by mellomoods
it has acoustic, black panel, brit combo, classic stack, tweed, metal, and r fier

Switch it over to JC clean.
Dickless.