ok i got an affinity squier strat that i want to upgrade i know that its not the best guita in the world but if i want to make it better wat can i do(idont want to buy another guitar) any suggetions plz.
Shove it into the bin.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
look through the pages of old threads and youll get some ideas.

or if your thinking of something in particular type it in the search bar. theres probably a thread about it
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
id get new pickups...
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
if your thinking about new pickups, stop. it wont do much of a difference with the squiere. i would just save up for a better guitar or amp.
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
honestly though, if you want to upgrade from a Squier, get a Fender... no point upgrading a lower-end guitar when you can just buy the better version for not much more expensive than if you spent your hard-earned cash on some pickups or something.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Quote by ch1pmnk
if your thinking about new pickups, stop. it wont do much of a difference with the squiere. i would just save up for a better guitar or amp.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
pickups cost like $100 fender standard strats cost like $300.

but if you have a job or some kind of money income, save up for a better guitar. if you dont have a job or whatever i suggest redoing the electronics. this way if you get a fender strat you can just swap out all the stock stuff for everything you put in your squire.
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by Ghost_bass
pickups cost like $100 fender standard strats cost like $300.

but if you have a job or some kind of money income, save up for a better guitar. if you dont have a job or whatever i suggest redoing the electronics. this way if you get a fender strat you can just swap out all the stock stuff for everything you put in your squire.

ljplum12 is right, those were bad estimates.

But most Affinity Squiers tend to have decent necks and bodies, with the lesser parts being the ones you can replace.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by ljplum12
Show me where I can get a brand new strat for $300.

I got mine for 350$, it was on sale from 450 though.
I replaced the stock sc neck pup with a Seymour-Duncan distortion, and the difference was amazing. I've also replaced the pots and put in Fender-Schaller locking tuners, which drastically helped with the tuning stability. I love the feel of my guitar and I think it sounds great. It's really a matter of what you want to do and what your motivations are. If you want to have a guitar that is exactly how you want it, and sounds just like you want it, then customize your Squier. If you want to be trendy and can afford it, spend the extra bucks and buy a Fender. Stock, the Fender is obviously going to be nicer, but you can upgrade yours to the lower end Fender range without a problem.
yea they were bad estimates sorry. ive never been in the market for a strat. my bad
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100