the only blues player i know of is bb king, hes not bad and im not putting him down, but i was wondering if anyone knows of any good youtube vidoes of great jazz players that would have some tabs on here, cause i really want to start playing some jazz, thanks
www.myspace.com/wearemonsterrs
check out some george benson and kenny burrell. and some joe pass. also try some stevie ray vaughan (more blues then jazz but ah well.
Quote by brandenetc
the only blues player i know of is bb king, hes not bad and im not putting him down, but i was wondering if anyone knows of any good youtube vidoes of great jazz players that would have some tabs on here, cause i really want to start playing some jazz, thanks

Do you want blues or jazz? They arent the same thing you know.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
are you asking for blues or jazz?

blues - SRV, John Mayer, Eric Clapton
jazz - Joe Pass, Charlie Parker, Les Paul

jazz fusion (the best one of all) - Shawn Lane, Allan Holdsworth, Scott Henderson
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Wes Montgomery, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderley, Oscar Peterson, Django Reinhardt
If you want jazz, Lenny Breau.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
thanks everyone, well see i dont realy know the dif, cause im really just starting to get interest into blues n jazz, so uhh ya both i guess, thanks for all these names
www.myspace.com/wearemonsterrs
How many more of these frigging threads must we have?! This must be the 10th such thread this week alone! Can someone please sort out and tidy the recommendations thread?!
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
There's a guy named Tab Benoit who's really good. He's blues.

You could check out Jeff Becks "Blow By Blow" album, or George Bensons "Breezin'" album, to start off with jazz. You could also check out Larry Carltons "Last Nite" live album. I don't know of any others, but those 3 are incredible, IMO.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Robben Ford has great jazzy elements in the blues and also check out Larry Carlton.
both have the jazzy blues vibe going on
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
What about Buddy Guy he has vids on utube if your looking for blues
You can't spell slaughter with out laughter
I don't really understand why people recommend John Mayer as a blues musician. He's not a completely blues musician, in fact his music contains some blues part but I wouldn't recommend him for blues - perhaps acoustic pop-rock/alternative. No disrespect of course to him: he is a great artist.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Please check out Freddie King while you're at it.
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
For jazz I'd say Charles Mingus.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Has a Surf Music band
Quote by Encore_God
How many more of these frigging threads must we have?! This must be the 10th such thread this week alone! Can someone please sort out and tidy the recommendations thread?!

Thanks for making yourself useful. Maybe you could volunteer yourself, stead of whining.

Anyways to the threadstarter. First thing you need to sort out is whats what. We have a trusty little friend named Wikipedia for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz

Both those have a link to list of musicians at the bottom.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Quote by al_
Thanks for making yourself useful. Maybe you could volunteer yourself, stead of whining.

Thanks for making suggestions that I can't actually achieve and for pointing things out that are the most basic of common sense.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Yea common sense, BUT threadstarter did mention something about not knowing what blues and jazz really are.. didnt he.

And for the record, the suggested blues/jazz thread is a lame excuse for what it is supposed to do. Its just a huge list of musicians. I know that if I was new to blues n jazz, and someone told me too look at that thread, id turn elsewhere.

Why cant you achieve this? Obviously you cant make the actual changes, but you could arrange everything in a post and pm it to the moderator to make the changes????????
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out