I plan on buying a Gibson Explorer this summer and I'm just wondering if they work on normal guitar stands. I know the body shape is alot different from les pauls and what have you, but wondering if normal guitar stands still hold them and if not, is there a brand or something that sell special ones that will? Thanks

You know you're a guitar player if you think this following sentence is funny:

Gain makes everything better! Break a leg? Here, lets put some distortion on it!

well lookin at an explorer body and my standi dont think it will work well. maybe u can get one of those guitar wall hangers.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Well, I know I can hang it on the wall cuz that's just headstock stuff, but if I were to take it elsewhere and want to put it on a stand, I think it's Hercules brand stands that are different from others, I'm not sure, I think you hang from the headstock on those somehow.... but I'm not sure

You know you're a guitar player if you think this following sentence is funny:

Gain makes everything better! Break a leg? Here, lets put some distortion on it!

Yeah, Hercules makes EXCELLENT guitar stands, I lovem, very sturdy, huge, monstrous, holds it by the headstock and it's all cool. Portable too.
^Indeed they do, i own an Explorer and a Hercules stand, its quite pricier than a basic stand obviously, but it works superbly for any guitar with an "awkward" shape so to say.
you guys obviously don't know a whole lot. my Kelly will sit on a floor stand just fine and it has relatively the same shape as the explorer so it will work fine. but i agree with you guys too, wall stands are the best and they display your axe more prominently
Jackson Ke3 Kelly
Dean Exotica Acoustic
Gibson SG
Line 6 Spider II
Digitech Death Metal
Dunlop Cry-Baby From Hell

Soon to have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Best bet is to keep it in a case...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~