Like alot of people say, if you can, or just wait, and buy something with more then $140 if you can. There are alot of okay guitars for that price. Is it going to be your first electric?
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Honestly I think you would be better to just save up. I know you probley want to start jammin ASAP but you can do alot better.
Quote by FacingUsAll
For a starter electric guitar, I think the very best is a Behringer iAXE393 for the following reasons:

1) It's cheap. Only $120.

2) The 3 Single coils will help you develop your ear because of the different tones you can get from 5-way switching.

3) It's got a trem that you can learn goofy trem-crap on .

4) It plugs into your computer and runs off of amp modeling software so you don't have to waste money on a crappy amp that you'll want to get rid of later on.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I had a peavey raptor exp, and for 130 it sounded pretty good for a beginner guitar. It has 2 single coil, and 1 double coil pickups (5 way switching). Idk i thought it wasnt bad for the price.