I Searched and i didn't find a thread about Ataxia and i don't know much about them except its John Frusciante, bass player from Fugazi and Josh Klinghoffer but i though maybe some people would enjoy talking about them.
I like that band. Their newest album (it was leaked) isn't as good as the first.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
I like that band. Their newest album (it was leaked) isn't as good as the first.

+1
LOL
i haven't got any ataxia, but a fair bit of JFru, is it worth a look?
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by leaping badger

Yep.
All the stuff is improvised too, so it makes it kinda special
Sent from my iPad.
I don't mind the Ataxia stuff, but I think it gets a little predictable after a while.

Also, yes, I am struggling for criticism - the band is generally excellent.
Terms and Conditions apply.
i love ataxia!

i think their best song is 'another'.

can't wait for the new album, i've been resisting downloading the leak!
Quote by paintITblack39
Yep.
All the stuff is improvised too, so it makes it kinda special
Loads of Johns stuff is improvised, I mean how many times have you heard John play the same solo twice unless its a song thats gonna come out on a new album or something?
Yeah, John improvises a shit load. Apparently he's putting out six solo albums in some tiny time period right now. Crazy dude.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
The records been leaked anyway.

I'd like to see them perform a live show.

Because all their songs are improvised, it'd be interesting to see what they would come up with.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by leaping badger

YES!!!!!!! at first when i listened to it i thought it was kinda weird but then i kept listening to it and im addicted to it...or them...
Quote by Revalk
Yeah, John improvises a **** load. Apparently he's putting out six solo albums in some tiny time period right now. Crazy dude.

is he really? where did you hear that?
Quote by Love_Buzz
He already did..

o...this forum is that old? nvm then...i thought he meant another six albums...not like the will to death and curtains, and dc ep, and such.
Quote by Love_Buzz
The problem is that the forum isn't that old...

John is however supposed to release another solo album plus another one with Josh

yea but that guy said that he was supposed to release another six albums and then you said he did....making me feel stupid...but i asked if the forum was old, cause those six albums came out in 2004, and if did come out with another six recently i'd know about it. where did you read about the new solo one? i want to follow it untill it's released.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Well it said so on the UG front page like last week... but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_X

o man well i cant wait for that. i remember him saying that he had ideas for his stuff, but since he was touring with the peppers he couldnt record it.
I have Automatic Writing, and I think it's great. It's definitely different than anything Frusciante has ever done. They're a great collaboration.
The.
I love Ataxia. Automatic Writing is a great album (AWII not so good in my opinion), and pretty different to every other Frusciante album I've heard. Love the spontaneous, improvisational feel of the album. In fact, I love the production on all of John's solo albums, whether its lo-fi and personal (Curtains) or more dressed up (Shadows Collide. . .).

I'm desperately hoping for some new Frusciante solo material, and a solo tour, now that the Chilis have finished touring.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
I really love Ataxia. They're amazing. I'm tempted to say that I like them better than John solo...

I love Joe Lally's vocals.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID