I have been playing for 1 year and 8 months about. I know how to read sheet music well, i know bass clef, intervals,scales,minor scales,intervals, some chord theory, pentatonic scales,Minor and major keys. I also know a crap load of songs. Is this good for the time iv been playing.
*kicks dirt* darn sir, I can't do that much.

although, my friend knows more theory than I do, and I can play 1,000 times better than he can. theory isn't anything without skill to back it up.
I have been playing that long and can sweep, tremelo pick up and down the neck(fast), do sweet pinch harmonics, and improvise solos pretty well. I can write a basic song using theory, i can read tab fluently. I have only recently gotten into musical theory, and i do not know how to read sheet music. Anyways... how are u as a physical player?
Im a fine physical player ,but i find techniuqe better then speed. Any idiot can pick really fast ,but when it comes to bends and shit. I am more of a blues person i play mostly clapton,cream,jimihendrix,B.B. King,Robert Cray and Jeff beck. Physically Im fine at the guitar i guess. I cant do imasinally fast songs like eruption or scuttlebuttin by SRV. Well i could if i work at it, but i cant sight read those songs. Guitar Junkie try to just get passed intervals and chord theory then ur fine. That could even be self taught after learning enough theory.
Last edited by tdonat22 at Feb 26, 2007,
By knowing intervals you mean you can just hear them and know what they are?
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
When i mean learning intervals i mean like G-A note. It would be a Major 2nd. or like if you put a major interval one step down it becomes a minor. Like that kinda shit.
Oh, yeah, that stuff. I can do that stuff except for the sheet music. You can read music, man, thats awesome! I wish I could do that.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Quote by tdonat22
Im a fine physical player ,but i find techniuqe better then speed. Any idiot can pick really fast ,but when it comes to bends and shit.

Spoken like a prophet.
How well do you know those things? Do you know all of those scales all over the fretboard, or just in the box position? What kind of songs? How many chords? Do you know how those chords are derived?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
You're doing well if you feel like you are doing well. You shouldn't compare to what others can/could do at the time you've been playing. Evgeryone is different and there are too many variables.
i know most all of that crap ur talking about, its just im not sure how to apply some of it to guitar.
thats very good that you know intervals, im really fluent in that, and man, it really puts me above the others when improving

yeah thats pretty damn good i'd say

ive played for around 2 years, and just recently have begun to learn bass clef

its really REALLY good that you know that much theory, even to know that it exists
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.