Well, I traded in my old acoustic electric guitar for store credit at my local music shop. Turns out they're giving me between 3 and four hundred dollars for it depending on what I trade it in for. I know I want an all tube amp, and they are a Peavey Dealer, and actually have a used Peavey Delta Blues in stock for 400 dollars. I played around with it for a little, and I really liked the sound. They also have a few brand new Peavey ValveKing 112's for $415. Tomorrow I'm going to go in and play around with them both, but here's my question.

Which of those two amps is the most reliable? I really need something that's going to last, and I would HATE to have whichever one I buy to break down on me.

So, which one is more reliable?
I havnt heard much good about the Valveking to tell you the truth, but I havnt heard much at all about the Delta series, so you choose; hearing nothing good vs hearing nothing at all.
hahah thats my two cents.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
i dont have much experience with either amps but ill suggest the delta blues because tons of people get the valveking and i have played that at GC i hated the distortion but it had some decent cleans but i could imagine the delta blues having better of both ends and with an overdrive pedal and the cranked up delta itll sound nice and creamy. as for reliablility, theyre both tube amps so they can break easier than SS onany given day but jsut shake it around and see which one is build better haha eventho the salesmen wont be too pleased haha
The Delta Blues should be more reliable and IMO, better sounding. Plus if you buy the VK you can only sell it for 320 or so should you decide to get rid of it whereas you should be able to sell the delta blues for about what you paid. Ultimately, you should just go with whatever sounds better to you.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I've heard also that the Valveking doesn't have much headroom on the clean channel, that it will begin to break up at low volumes. Jam away on both of them, and by the end of the day you'll know which one you're going to leave with, no matter what is said in this forum, its your ears its going to please.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
There's a reason for the price difference between these two amps new: the Delta Blues is a much better all around product. Superior quality. This is why I always encourage people to buy used, you get much more for your money.

If you've played it, and like the sound, just get it and don't look back. Terrific amp, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^The Delta was a bit of a sleeper. The 15'' combo was really tempting. Wonder how it compares to the Classic series?
^Well, I meant the amps actually bearing the name. Classic 20, 30, 50 and so on and so forth.
Ah, I see what you mean now.

Another thing bothering me is the amount of clean headroom I'd be able to get with the Delta, I'd really love to be able to play at louder volumes clean and have little to no breakup, but I don't know how loud it gets before it starts to break up. The only type of thing I'll be performing is just either guitar and vocals, or guitar, bass and vocals in small clubs, so I don't really have to worry about a drummer. And I think I'd be able to play clean louder with the valveking...
Quote by Sink Colin Sink
The only type of thing I'll be performing is just either guitar and vocals, or guitar, bass and vocals in small clubs, so I don't really have to worry about a drummer. And I think I'd be able to play clean louder with the valveking...

You'll really be plenty loud and clean enough with 30W if that's the sort of gigs you'll be doing. You could probably get away with a 15W Blues Jr., or maybe even the 5W Epi Valve Jr.

I'm serious.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Delta=quality.

Valveking=/= quality.

Go with the Delta, man. id go for it and a decent booster.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.