Can anyone help me out here? I have a Digitech Death Metal pedal, but I'm a bassist. It totally sucks the tone out of my bass, and takes away almost all of the low end. Is there anything I could do to this pedal to make it a great bass distortion stompbox? I love the amount of distortion this thing has.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
turning it off makes it sound better
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by RPotts
turning it off makes it sound better

really?

Trade it in and buy a bass distortion (aren't bass distortions a lot cheaper?)
yea man you really can't get the same amount of distortion on a bass as a guitar, and using a guitar pedal won't help you get distortion on a bass. get a bass overdrive pedal or a bass distortion
The bass NEEDS to have a bit of definition, and therefore less distortion, so that the notes don't run together in a flurry of diahrea sound. I'd consider maybe a RAT, the Turbo RAT can get super distorted and remain crystal clear. I got mine for $10 American at a garage sale \m/
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I already have good bass distortion, I was just looking for something to do, really. I was wondering if there was any way to mess with certain parts inside the pedal, just so I could get some experience with it before I mod any other pedals. I guess I should've put that in my first post, and anyone who helped, thanks!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.