I found this site that sells kits for copies of amps for mostly Marshall and fender tube, but I have no experience with electronics and I dont know how to follow schematics and one of the Packages says "Full working chassis, front and rear plate, tubes included." here is the link so does this mean that it is built when you buy it or what? Or would you try to build it myslef for cheaper?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
sounds like a good deal, all you need is a cab i guess. and to make it totally cool, give it it's own name and make the like head thing personalized....ive always had an idea insatead of the classic white Marshall logo, get the same fontand say like Michael or something....:/
Quote by Moonshine12
sounds like a good deal, all you need is a cab i guess. and to make it totally cool, give it it's own name and make the like head thing personalized....ive always had an idea insatead of the classic white Marshall logo, get the same fontand say like Michael or something....:/

Would that mean it comes pre-assembeled?
Quote by gibson_10

It says "full working chasis," so I'd assume that it is. You'd be smart to call or e-mail 'em before you order, though, just to be safe.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by gibson_10

It comes as is in the most complete picture there. There is no enclosure for the amp, and thus will be VERY fragile. It does work though. Might order one myself sometime in the future...
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
It comes as is in the most complete picture there. There is no enclosure for the amp, and thus will be VERY fragile. It does work though. Might order one myself sometime in the future...

Yeah I would build an enclosure for it, so my question is what you see at the top of the page, is that what they send you already put together for 636.00 in Package 4,
and do you know if there would be any soldering involed on Package 4?
By the time you buy an enclosure for it, you'll of spent at least 800 dollars. You can just buy a real JCM800 for that.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
By the time you buy an enclosure for it, you'll of spent at least 800 dollars. You can just buy a real JCM800 for that.

No way dude, some 7 layer plywood, a grille and some grille cover and a handle if u want it. Shouldnt cost more than another $50. Plus you could say you have a custom amp simply because you built the enclosure and it has some customized logo on it. Thats what i would do anyway.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
No way dude, some 7 layer plywood, a grille and some grille cover and a handle if u want it. Shouldnt cost more than another $50. Plus you could say you have a custom amp simply because you built the enclosure and it has some customized logo on it. Thats what i would do anyway.

Yeah I was going to do somthing like what you are talking about, what would you do for that back panel, the part with holes in it just leave it open, make one out of wood or what?
I've built one, if your picking the complete amp kits section , then yes, just get that, it'll be good to go. if you have any questions, just email nik, he's really fast to reply. They carry a higher quality set of resistors and stuff in their kits than what comes in a normal JCM800, so the price is worth it. Shipping's a bitch though.
Quote by gibson_10
Yeah I was going to do somthing like what you are talking about, what would you do for that back panel, the part with holes in it just leave it open, make one out of wood or what?

I would either drill some evenly spaced holes or j/ get a grille for it. You could leave it open, there are some heads like that but you run the risk of either getting zapped by youre tubes or if a guitar falls over on stage or something it could smash the tube. Personally i would get some metal mesh or a grille or something from a hardware store and have em cut it to size. Hope that helps.
EDIT: Is that thing a 50w or 100?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I just said you'd be good to go. the complete amp kit is COMPLETE. no assembly, other than tubes. Nik owns ceriatone. Just email him, I'm sure he'd be happy to assemble an amp for you.
Quote by Charso
I just said you'd be good to go. the complete amp kit is COMPLETE. no assembly, other than tubes. Nik owns ceriatone. Just email him, I'm sure he'd be happy to assemble an amp for you.

Oh sorry i read it fast so FTW on Packages 3 and 4 there will be no soldering, reading of schematics or anythin of that nature? Sorry for asking this so much I just wanna ask someone who has it. And how does it play, it sound like a marshall?
Quote by gibson_10
Oh sorry i read it fast so FTW on Packages 3 and 4 there will be no soldering, reading of schematics or anythin of that nature? Sorry for asking this so much I just wanna ask someone who has it. And how does it play, it sound like a marshall?

There are reviews for em on harmony central, j/ type in ceriatone.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
There are reviews for em on harmony central, j/ type in ceriatone.

Yeah but not for the jcm, and does it have a foot switch jack?
Quote by gibson_10

Kerry built one, but it's a plexi,in GB&C, and I built one too, awhile ago with my brother. Sounds sweet to me. Kerry's got soundclips of his plexi. I think the 800 copy is a little bit brighter than the original, just a touch brighter, and gainier.
Quote by Charso
Kerry built one, but it's a plexi,in GB&C, and I built one too, awhile ago with my brother. Sounds sweet to me. Kerry's got soundclips of his plexi. I think the 800 copy is a little bit brighter than the original, just a touch brighter, and gainier.

Nice, you know if it has foot switch jack?
Quote by Charso

Cant go wrong w/ a little more gain uness of course its on when you dont want it.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by gibson_10
Yeah but not for the jcm, and does it have a foot switch jack?

The JCM's a one channel amp
Quote by Charso
The JCM's a one channel amp

Really lol I thought it was 2 for the longest time, doesnt matter I hardly need to ever change channels in a song.
JCM's are one channeled....I think not. There are duel channel JCM's..duh.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by gibson_10
Really lol I thought it was 2 for the longest time, doesnt matter I hardly need to ever change channels in a song.

there's a 2 channel version. If you have a guitar set up like a les paul, IE volume for each pickup, just roll back the volume on one pickup, and voila! Clean channel.
Quote by Charso
there's a 2 channel version. If you have a guitar set up like a les paul, IE volume for each pickup, just roll back the volume on one pickup, and voila! Clean channel.

Yeah, not that it would matter but would there be a charge to get them to assemble it?
^Well, yeah, I know that. But you said JCM's are one channeled .

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
^Well, yeah, I know that. But you said JCM's are one channeled .

I'm referring to the JCM clone in the first post, which is a JCM800 2204, which is single channel.
^Ahh, gotcha.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by gibson_10
Yeah, not that it would matter but would there be a charge to get them to assemble it?

The one at ceriatone is only a single channel, you can't add another channel that easily. unless it's not independent eq, then maybe.
Quote by Charso
The one at ceriatone is only a single channel, you can't add another channel that easily. unless it's not independent eq, then maybe.

Would I be ably to bring it to a local tech to do?
Just stick to the one channel and roll back your guitar volume for cleans