Poll: Female singers: Yay or Nay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Female singers: Yay or Nay?
Yes, bands that have them are kickass cause they are unique!
40 35%
Feh, Singers don't matter.
37 32%
Male singers are better.
23 20%
Female singers suck my ****!
15 13%
Voters: 115.
Page 1 of 2
I'm gonna put a poll up when I figure out how
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
Female singers are shit because women have no place in music, and should stay in the kitchen.

Bitch, make me a sandwich!
Our band is going to have a female singer (I put up a bulletin for a singer three months ago and she's the first to respond). I don't care whether or not bands have a female singer. I'd sing but I can't sing and play bass at the same time. Wish I could, that would be less ways we have to split the money after a gig.
It just depends on the band. If you have a band like Broken Social Scene or Metric, it sounds good. Occasionally, a guy and girl singing in the same song sounds really good, too.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Some are really good.... some are lame to me.

Quote by The Casualty
Female singers are shit because women have no place in music, and should stay in the kitchen.

For shame!

Oh, wait.....
It worked with Heart.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Poll is up, vote.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
The Distillers have a girl singer, I think they sound good.
Quote by Twist of fate
So it doesnt feel like scraping your penis on sidewalk

my gear
Ibanez GRX40 guitar
Roland Cube 60 Amp
Ibanez IBZ10G Amp

Member of
[bThe UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)
Rilo Kiley > You.

Also, Make You Smile is an amazing song with both male and female vocals.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
ya see my band is experimenting with a female singer/screamer right now, things are going pretty good. a female singer can either be a huge success or a huge failure
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Some bands might suck *cough*Evanescence*cough*. I like the singer from the Pixies. And the one from the Postal Service that sings with Ben Gibbard.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
Metric, The Fiery Furnaces, Sonic Youth, Broken Social Scene, Sleater-Kinney, Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sarah, PJ Harvey, etc.

That's quite a bit of good.
Poor advice.
it totally depends... Some Rock, Some Suck. Soviettes Rock, Avril Sucks.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by stellar_legs
Metric, The Fiery Furnaces, Sonic Youth, Broken Social Scene, Sleater-Kinney, Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sarah, PJ Harvey, etc.

That's quite a bit of good.

love Sleater-Kinney , i'll add Deerhoof!!

Quote by The Casualty

HELL YEAH!

... but that's just a dumb question in general. last time i checked women are people too, and are capable of kicking a lot of ass in music. and they do.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
If it's in a good band and the chick can sing then why not? High pitched poppy female vocals make me want to die a little inside though.
Yes, bands that have them are kickass cause they are unique!

That's a really stupid option since it's not unique at all.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 26, 2007,
I'm pretty sure it would depend on the band
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Unique meaning that a band that has one; the majority of bands don't have female singers.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
Quote by ratzgame
Unique meaning that a band that has one; the majority of bands don't have female singers.

Uhhh...a lot of bands have female singers. All genres use female vocals.

The options really suck. I'm gonna go with "Female singers suck my ****!"
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 26, 2007,
I want to pick the option I like both male and female the same but you appear to have overlooked the fact that some people may not have a preference. The closest you come is an option that if we pick it makes it seem like we think all singers suck....

The important thing is not to be prejudice against bands with a female singer. If you listen to the song thinking you won't like it you probably won't. I always try to give all bands a chance, be it an emo band, female singer or homosexuals singing about how much they "feel like dancing".

Nightwish, Evanesence and Flyleaf are good examples of female bands that come to mind
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Quote by Soul Power
It worked with Heart.

No, no it didn't.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by guitarpunk21
The Distillers have a girl singer, I think they sound good.

Yeah and she sounds like a total man.

I do like that chick from paramore. Holly hell is she hot.
Not a lot of bands have female singers. The majority have male singers or none at all. I know that every genre has at least one female singer, many bands that we have never heard of may have female singers too...
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
No, no it didn't.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it did.

.......Ooooh, Baracuda.....
Poor advice.
Quote by The Casualty

Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I love hearing a good female singer. I'm quite fond of goth/symphonic metal bands with female singers. Epica, Tristania, Operatika, and Nightwish are my favorites at the moment. Arch Enemy is pretty cool, too.

And pretty much any singer who ever got signed by Motown is okay in my book!
Quote by Archeo Avis
I'm pretty sure it would depend on the band

+1

Nightwish and all those melodic metal crap bands FTL

Siouxsie and the Banshees FTW
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Arthur Curry
In general, I don't usually like them. The exception I can think of right now is VU.

Nico lolz

Bands are as unique as the people in them. A girls voice as opposed to a mans voice can be just as good in the right setting. It doesn't really matter it's wether they sound good.
From the Embarrsing names thread:
Posted by The Casualty : I call my boyfriend Dickcheese.

From this thread:
Posted by The Casualty :Female singers are shit because women have no place in music, and should stay in the kitchen.

So wait, r u a guy or a girl? Or r u gay? u contract dicted urself
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
It really depends on the band and what kind of music they make. I can't stand it, though, when women try too hard to sound all badass and rock n' roll. I think a male voice just lends itself better to that sort of singing, and rather than trying to immitate that, bands with female singers should make music that sounds good being sung by a female singer. The exception that prooves the rule is Janis Joplin.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
^She's a girl and she's messing around. Foo.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
The Pixies were a good band, B-52s were okay, Heart wasn't too bad, but I only know the song that is in Guitar Hero II >_> Crazy On You...
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
I like Heart, and the little Pixies that I've heard. And I absolutely love the Velvet Underground, even though Nico was only on three songs. But all those women sang like women. It gets messy when you have someone like Courtney Love trying to sound all tough and manly that it falls apart.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I think that bands with a female singer can be equally as good or as bad as any other band. That being said, a lot of the bands I like that have female singers in them I presonally enjoy hearing.
Quote by Embodiment
Uhhh...a lot of bands have female singers. All genres use female vocals.

The options really suck. I'm gonna go with "Female singers suck my ****!"

I'm so confused.

Arch Enemy FTW!
Well, I don't mind female singer, I have a chick in my band playing guitar (rhythm) and backup vocal occasionally. So yeah o.o. i know a band that has a female singer tho, they're good. not the best obviously, but good nevertheless.
Depends on the band and her voice. If she's a good singer, but the band sucks. No. If the band is great but she sucks. No. If they both suck, no. If she's hot and sings nude, but the band sucks...YES! Doesn't matter if her OR the band suck.
Page 1 of 2