I'm trying to get that nice Jimi Hendrix sound out of my strat, and I've gotten fairly close to what I want, and I'm just curious about something. Is it possible to flip the pickups in my strat upside down? Because as you all know, Jimi's pickups were also backwards in coreelation ot the strings, and I hear tell thats one of the reasons he got his unique sound. I've taken the thing apart compeltely, and know it inside and out, but I never hear anything about flipping your pickups. Thanks
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
Anyone?
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
I would assume you could flip the pickups upside down, but i dont think it will change the tone to any noticeable degree.

im not familiar with the fender dynatouchIII deluxe 900 amp, but if its not tube, then theres nothing you can do to those pickups to make them sound like hendrix.

or buy a lesft handed strat and string it for a right hander. thats should get as close as your gonna get.
Last edited by rixills at Feb 27, 2007,
GFS sells a Jimi staggered polepiece pickup that is like that, and yes it apparently does change the tone somehow and yea i think you could do it
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz