Page 1 of 2
maybe im wrong but i am not seeing it on their page... if its true that they dont sell gibsons, what a poorly run business.
It's good to know that you know so much more about the profit margins of guitars than they do.

They could just sell them in-store and not online? I never play Gibsons when I go so I'm not sure.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Who cares Sam Ash is still better than guitar center, the employees there actualy help you there
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by FacingUsAll
It's good to know that you know so much more about the profit margins of guitars than they do.

They could just sell them in-store and not online? I never play Gibsons when I go so I'm not sure.

its good to know that i shouldnt read what u have to say because u are a smart a**.
yea, i heard something like they lost the right to sell Gibson and Mesa/Boogie because they were selling them underpriced, like Gibson and Mesa have certain prices they want their products to be sold at, but sam ash was selling them to low, so they got their privaleges (sp?) taken away.
ya dude they dont carry epiphone or gibson it sucks, but the ppl there are nice as hell!! they help me out a lot!
I am pretty sure that Musiciansfriend owns part of Gibson, why would they want a competitor selling their guitars?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
I am pretty sure that Musiciansfriend owns part of Gibson, why would they want a competitor selling their guitars?

guitar center sells gibsons... online too.
Quote by Ryank285
guitar center sells gibsons... online too.

That's because Guitar Center is owned by Musicianfriend or vice versa.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Ryank285
its good to know that i shouldnt read what u have to say because u are a smart a**.

If by "Smart Ass" - you mean "Uses logic."

I just don't see how you can say that they have a "poorly run business" because they don't sell one brand of guitars.

That doesn't make any sense.

What sets companies apart in today's world of global economy is customer service, and SamAsh has that in spades over Guitar Center.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
If by "Smart Ass" - you mean "Uses logic."

I just don't see how you can say that they have a "poorly run business" because they don't sell one brand of guitars.

That doesn't make any sense.

What sets companies apart in today's world of global economy is customer service, and SamAsh has that in spades over Guitar Center.

i hope u never run a business for your sake if u think me questioning a business' decision to NOT sell gibson (probably the top selling brand) as having a "poor sense of logic". everyone is saying that samash lost the right to sell the brand. next time, dont be a f*cktard and tell someone they are stupid when its actually you.
It's not their fault. Ok, maybe it is, but Gibson is too greedy just to let them sell their guitars a little cheaper. Hell, they were doing them a favor since Gibbys are expensive as ****. And seriously, they might be top-selling guitars, but most people that are in the market for a guitar aren't looking for a multi-thousand dollar guitar so its not really a bad business practice.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by Ryank285
i hope u never run a business for your sake if u think me questioning a business' decision to NOT sell gibson (probably the top selling brand) as having a "poor sense of logic". everyone is saying that samash lost the right to sell the brand. next time, dont be a f*cktard and tell someone they are stupid when its actually you.

Don't be such a fag you know FacingUsAll is right, and don't be such an ass when a person comes to answer YOUR question
Quote by Ryank285

Does that make them a poorly run business?

No.

/endthread

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by SGStrummer61
It's not their fault. Ok, maybe it is, but Gibson is too greedy just to let them sell their guitars a little cheaper. Hell, they were doing them a favor since Gibbys are expensive as ****. And seriously, they might be top-selling guitars, but most people that are in the market for a guitar aren't looking for a multi-thousand dollar guitar so its not really a bad business practice.

last i checked, melody makers and epiphones are pretty cheap.
^ Yeah, but they aren't very good.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
^ Yeah, but they aren't very good.

i disagree... i own an epiphone LP standard and its awesome. melody makers have gotten ALOT of good reviews at respectable sites like harmony central.
If samash doesnt sell Gibsons then they are my new favorite music store! overpriced guitars, i dont care how good the quality there is no reason for that kind of pricing its rediculous. i kno that supply and demand take effect in these cases but come on my esp/ltd ec-1000 deluxe plays 10 times better than any gibson ive tried and is also 10 times lighter in weight lol. but all that is stated above is just MY OPINION so please be kind when flaming lol
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by malmsteenkid
If samash doesnt sell Gibsons then they are my new favorite music store! overpriced guitars, i dont care how good the quality there is no reason for that kind of pricing its rediculous. i kno that supply and demand take effect in these cases but come on my esp/ltd ec-1000 deluxe plays 10 times better than any gibson ive tried and is also 10 times lighter in weight lol. but all that is stated above is just MY OPINION so please be kind when flaming lol

i can sh!t better guitars than ESP LTD's.
Quote by malmsteenkid

Yea but think of it this way, you don't see any classic rock legends playing LTD's. I don't see Gary Rossington belting out the Free Bird solo on an LTD or any other kind of guitar.

Granted, LTD's are damn nice guitars, but I think people like to be classic
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Yea but think of it this way, you don't see any classic rock legends playing LTD's. I don't see Gary Rossington belting out the Free Bird solo on an LTD or any other kind of guitar.

Granted, LTD's are damn nice guitars, but I think people like to be classic

i understand wut ur saying wit the classic idea, but i think in the music world there are many changes which take place and to be honest i see guitar companies like Schecter,ESP,Carvin guitars becoming more of a trademark guitar for bands nowadays which hopefully some of these bands will be legends one day making their schecter,esp, or carvin classic in their own right. but i def get wut ur saying wit the classic idea and i do believe that if say the guitarists for lynyrd would play a carvin suited to their music they might be slightly skewed on their views towards gibsons but who knows not me thats who lol.
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Quote by malmsteenkid
i understand wut ur saying wit the classic idea, but i think in the music world there are many changes which take place and to be honest i see guitar companies like Schecter,ESP,Carvin guitars becoming more of a trademark guitar for bands nowadays which hopefully some of these bands will be legends one day making their schecter,esp, or carvin classic in their own right. but i def get wut ur saying wit the classic idea and i do believe that if say the guitarists for lynyrd would play a carvin suited to their music they might be slightly skewed on their views towards gibsons but who knows not me thats who lol.

if schector, ESP, or carvins ever become the status that gibson or fender are now, believe me... they will be charging a lot more than they are now. its all economics... supply and demand.
Quote by Ryank285
if schector, ESP, or carvins ever become the status that gibson or fender are now, believe me... they will be charging a lot more than they are now. its all economics... supply and demand.

hmmm... never thought of it like that b4, touche my good sir, very very good point. well HOPEFULLY if they do reach that status they stay low in price lol but i doubt it like u said. i learned something today and knowing is half the battle G.I. Joe!!
the nearest sam ash near me has a whole wall of gibsons...nice ones at that
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Who cares Sam Ash is still better than guitar center, the employees there actualy help you there

Where is this?

I have been to two different Samash stores and the service (or lack thereof) has been terrible! Of course the service at guitar center is not perfect, but I prefer it to the Samash stores in my area.

Although samash online has been good to me, and they even offered to beat anyone else's price on my new ESP.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
A huge part of the reason Sam Ash doesn't sell Gibson products is because the new CEO of Gibson has made it a policy that in order for a store like Sam Ash to carry Gibson they must have something like $900,000 of Gibson products in stock....who on earth wants to carry that much of it, when you aren't going to sell most of that. In addition Gibson won't let them sell below a certain price....so, Gibson got the boot from Sam Ash....honestly it hurts Gibson a lot more, because Sam Ash can always have Gibson trade-ins in stock.....The Sam Ash near me in Raleigh quit carrying Gibson even before that because they had enough Gibson trade-ins it made no sense to carry the full line of new Gibsons
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
A huge part of the reason Sam Ash doesn't sell Gibson products is because the new CEO of Gibson has made it a policy that in order for a store like Sam Ash to carry Gibson they must have something like $900,000 of Gibson products in stock....who on earth wants to carry that much of it, when you aren't going to sell most of that. In addition Gibson won't let them sell below a certain price....so, Gibson got the boot from Sam Ash....honestly it hurts Gibson a lot more, because Sam Ash can always have Gibson trade-ins in stock.....The Sam Ash near me in Raleigh quit carrying Gibson even before that because they had enough Gibson trade-ins it made no sense to carry the full line of new Gibsons

id rather buy a brand new guitar than a trade-in... and i can always go to guitar center instead of samash (if they had one in austin, tx). trust me, it hurts samash more than it hurts gibson.
So basically Gibson is a bunch of greedy corporate pigs for charging a lot for their guitars and SamAsh is a terrible business for not selling Gibsons? Both of these businesses are providing a service to US: selfish, whiny musicians. Let's be a little more forgiving, shall we?
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
i would not compromise on the kind of guitar i want just because ONE store doesnt sell them... people will take their business elsewhere to get a gibson, believe me.
i would not compromise on the kind of guitar i want just because ONE store doesnt sell them... people will take their business elsewhere to get a gibson, believe me
What do you want, a cookie?

Gibson have been trading on their reputation rather than their quality for years now. So what if people take their business elsewhere to buy a gibson, believe it or not...not everybody wants a Gibson. A lot of people would rather their money went on their guitar rather than the name on the headstock.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The Sam Ash by me has them, and just called the other day to say they were going to have 60 different Gibsons in stock on a certain day if I wanted to check them out.

It seems that a lot of people group all of these chains together, but from my experiance they can all be pretty different. For example, one of the GCs I go to is always empty and you can sit there and try out whatever you want in relative peace. I have been to others that are madhouses where you can't even think straight.
This is where living in Canada is beneficial, only 1 major guitar retailer (Long and McQuade) And their guitar specalists are 25 minutes from me (at least their Ontario Guitar specialty store) And from my experiences in Sam Ash and GC, I'd take L&M any day
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by Ryank285
last i checked, melody makers and epiphones are pretty cheap.

but not worth the money they sell for
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Every Sam Ash ive been to in SoCal has just a few Gibson Les Pauls but they're always on the highest rack behind the counter. Im pretty sure they sell some higher end ones but good luck finding anything in the $600-$1400 range
Page 1 of 2