Can anyone tell me what these chords are or what they are closest to?

3 Closest I could find to this was that it was part of a C/G

0 Closest I could find to this was that it was part of a F/C

Thanks!
sorry bud.. the members of UG are only 'good' for answering dumbass questions with dumbass answers.. we just happen to play guitar, and our music theory resides in tab progression (aka it's non-existant)

good luck anyway!
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
I would call the first one Cmaj7/G.

The second...I would call Cmaj7add4/E <- there's probably a way simpler name.

Also, the best place to ask this kind of question would be the ;Musician Talk' section but this is a good place too. Next time head there and you can expect to find better and probably more accurate answers mroe quickly.
Last edited by Tsunoyukami at Feb 26, 2007,
Quote by Raijin.xiii
sorry bud.. the members of UG are only 'good' for answering dumbass questions with dumbass answers.. we just happen to play guitar, and our music theory resides in tab progression (aka it's non-existant)

good luck anyway!
No...
Quote by Raijin.xiii

good luck anyway!

Who the **** are you speaking for? Don't claim none of us know theory because you don't. Idiot.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I would call the first one Cmaj7/G.

The second...I would call Cmaj7add4/E <- there's probably a way simpler name.

Also, the best place to ask this kind of question would be the ;Musician Talk' section but this is a good place too. Next time head there and you can expect to find better and probably more accurate answers mroe quickly.

Cmaj7 is correct for the first one - but Cmaj11 (or any maj11 chord) isn't that common. For the second one, the simplest name, most accurate name and best name under the circumstances is Fmaj7#11.
Just to clear up confusion, Johnljones is correct.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by Raijin.xiii

good luck anyway!

speak for yourself.

i agree on the first chord: Cmaj7/G

but i'd call that second chord: Fmaj#11/E

you don't really need to call it Fmaj7#11 imo
^No, it's incorrect to denote it as Fmaj#11/E. The Fmaj#11 part implies an Fmaj chord with an added #11, which would be called Fmajadd#11 - or the way you want to denote it, Fmajadd#11/E. The E is functioning as the major seventh, so the chord must be called Fmaj7 something, in this case Fmaj7#11. Then it's at your discretion to include the /E part, which is normally only done if the inversion of the chord has any bearing on the bass movement.
no idea on the first chord, the second one looks like some sort of open string F (using the E string as the root) but hey, what do i know about guitar playing?
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.