Is it possible? Or will it just mess up my guitar forever, and I'll be sad...?
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
Well, reversing could mean alot of things.

You could be reversing the polarity to acheive out-of-phase wiring. You could be revesing the pickup so the low E pole peice is now under the high E, this can be done with staggard pole peice pickups to try to mimic Hendrix's sound. You could put the pickups upside down for... some reason.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Okay, well I wanna know about reversing the poles so the low E pole is underneath the High E, like Hendrix, and you saing I couldn't do that with just my regular pickups? Im not sure what kind the yare, is there any way for me to figure that out? They aren't factory...
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

Are the pole peices different heights? If they are, it will yeild a different sound. Otherwise you might as well just tinker with the height of the pickup itself (raising the bass or treble side to accentuate the bass or treble strings).
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Yea they are all different, Im just wroried that it might mess up the wiring or something
Quote by I'm_Guitarded

The only difference will be that the wires will be slightly shorter, since they're coming from a further point away.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Do you think it would matter?
Quote by I'm_Guitarded

Be unique. Put it in upside down.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
you mean upside down when the guitar is hangin on your wall, or when it's on your lap?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
you can reverse them, it sounds good, but you might have to trim the bobbins because your guitar probably isnt routed to fit a backwards pickup.

as for the sound, its very, well, interesting, assuming you have staggered poles on your pickups, it gives a good blues sound at the least.
Quote by Funky M0nk
I tried reversing them, they didnt fit

im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there

and don't trim anything, you can adjust the pick up height by turning the screws on either side of each pick up

you can take off the pick guard, unscrew the pickups and flip them over, not a problem. It'll take 10 minutes to take off the strings and put them back on again and 5 minutes with a Phillips screw driver.

if you have staggered poles it will change the tone, though it may not be very noticable.
Ignore all the naysayers. Single coils are symetrical in shape, so they'll fit.

And come to think of it, the way strats are routed, the wires will be about the same length.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: