is the peavey windsor head ok for the price like you cant get a 120W tube head for this price. what would be better this or ibanez tb100 halfstack?
the peavey windsor is pretty much a Marshall JCM800. if that helps any.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
The Windsor would kick the living bejesus out of the Ibanez Toneblaster.
The Windsor is probably the best 400 a guitarist could spend.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Try out the amp and see for yourself.

And that and the Toneblaster are completely different.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i own the peavey and let me tell you it is an amazing amp. whether your looking for classic rock or hard rock this thing will do it. It's definetly ment to be cranked up.
How far does the distortion go?

I've always been curious... Name a band it can pull off at most...
is the windsor that good??
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by Untitled001

80's metal and hair metal with ease, and 80's thrash.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The valveking has more balls? I beg to differ! I just tried this baby out at GC the other day after looking all over for one for the last 4 months or so. Its a marshall all the way, huge, roaring, thick tone. The valveking is based off a mesa. IMO, the Windsor is way ballsier than the valveking.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
wow with the price inflation of everything that was made 10+ years ago its impossible to know whats cheesey and whats real.

one question

an 18 watt
or the Windsor
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
I've heard its cleans aren't too great, though.

Try it out and check out the cleans
Sent from my iPad.
For better cleans, turn the texture knob all the way over to the A/B side. Everyone sests it halfway, thinkig nthats the "normal" position. The a/b side tends to have more headroom, and then you get more gain towards the "a" side.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by wonder725
Anyone have any info on the windsor combo?

Windsor Combo
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
wow thats called bang for your buck i never noticed how nice these things were!
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
now way does the valveking have more "balls" than a windsor.....120 watts to 100..pretty big differnce, and if you dont have an overdrive or distortion pedal its going to be really hard to distort the windsor because theres only one channel and its 120 watts so before it breaks up you might lose an eardrum or 2 but from what ive heard its a decent amp for the lower $ tube heads
Quote by Untitled001

Slayer
Quote by Moonshine12
now way does the valveking have more "balls" than a windsor.....120 watts to 100..pretty big differnce, and if you dont have an overdrive or distortion pedal its going to be really hard to distort the windsor because theres only one channel and its 120 watts so before it breaks up you might lose an eardrum or 2 but from what ive heard its a decent amp for the lower $ tube heads

AFAIK that's a pretty ignorant post. It would be awfully hard to tell the difference with a difference in 20w, especially at such a high amount of wattage. There is more headroom for cleans on the Windsor, with the increase in wattage. Secondly it's not hard to distort the Windsor because in my experience Peaveys (or at least the 6505's) they have mostly preamp saturation. There is a master volume, meaning you can get both clean and distorted tones from the same level of volume. I've heard it's a good amp at a good price. Pick one up before the price increases dramatically as many Peaveys as they gain in age do. The one thing I do agree with you is that the Valveking isn't all that great in comparison to the Windsor.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
^ are you serious...20watts differnce in tubes makes a huge differnce especially in a single channel amp. and even with your expericne in peaveys its not about the company its the tubes wattage overall amp specs. 6505's are made to sound good a low volumes also so yuo cant compare charachteristics to a "metal amp" like the 6505 to a more classic single channel amp like the windsor. suck me
Quote by Moonshine12
^ are you serious...20watts differnce in tubes makes a huge differnce especially in a single channel amp. and even with your expericne in peaveys its not about the company its the tubes wattage overall amp specs. 6505's are made to sound good a low volumes also so yuo cant compare charachteristics to a "metal amp" like the 6505 to a more classic single channel amp like the windsor. suck me

It's called a master volume. This means you get preamp distortion without the intense volume. You're still ignorant.

Like your guitar though, nice choice.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
Quote by Moonshine12
ill shove my schecter right up your ****ing ass then rape your family

Then I'll have two? Schwing!

Anyways, back on topic... get the Windsor if you have the money. It's a great choice, and can achieve lots of good tones.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
The only thing to be careful about with the Windsor, is it's voicing.
If you're looking for a modern type of sound, I'd save up a bit more for a different amp. The Windsor is REALLY 80's voiced. As far as gain goes though, it has enough gain for everything but say, death metal/black metal.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by Moonshine12

what? the windsor had plenty of pre-amp gain last time I tried it, just as unskathed says it's pretty 80's voiced.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?