Hey people. This is the first and only solo that I have written Let me just warn you right now that I used windows sound recorder to record so it is bad quality and there are no drums because I don't know where I can download a free drum program. I've been playing for only a year and I just recently started to try writing my own stuff, and I haven't been doing to great. This piece is simple barre chord progression with a bluesy solo over it. So the reason I post this is so that you guys can listen and tell me what to work on.

Btw: Here it is http://filmaq.dmusic.com/
Last edited by Masamune at Feb 26, 2007,
It was pretty good, but the ending was a little anti-climactic if you know what I mean. A good way to end a solo (in my opinion at least) is to go out with one searing held note, or to play a fast sucsession of notes (even if it just means going down the scale overly fast). Those aren't the only ways, but they usually work. Other than that, it was good.
Quote by KetchupLad14
It was pretty good, but the ending was a little anti-climactic if you know what I mean. A good way to end a solo (in my opinion at least) is to go out with one searing held note, or to play a fast sucsession of notes (even if it just means going down the scale overly fast). Those aren't the only ways, but they usually work. Other than that, it was good.

I know I messed up on the end. I recorded it so many times and kept screwing up that I just got lazy and decided to stick with that.
dude if you want a free drum recording program which you can also do bass lines with download fruity loops its originally for hip hop beats but i use it for drums and it works fine
rock on
It was pretty good. I agree with Ketchup tho, it should of had a little more of an ending. Maybe play some notes a little faster too. Well, it is blues so maybe not. Keep up the good work.
you sound pretty good for only a year.

i dont know if the rhythm was supposed to be an acoustic simulater, it sounded kinda thin. overall, not bad. keep working on it
i think you should work on more agressive vibrato, by which i mean faster vibrato. it sounds like your barely doing any to me after ending each lick, and in blues vibrato is a must.